Multifilter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multifilter

Craig (in particular), I just wanted to let you know that I just completed making up a chain of filters for use within the multifilter.. that will work for the majority of my restorations. I know, it is probably old hat to you, but it is the first time I really messed in depth with the multifilter. I got it set up not too agressively with any of the filters so it will work with a wide range of program material. Then if I happen to have a particular job that needs extra attention I can go from there. But, for the majority of my tasks, this is everything I need in one easy to use function.

This procedure alone will save me countless hours on my restorations. Am I sounding like a kid with a new toy? Well I am! Thanks..

GB..
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 04-03-2019, 10:59 AM.

Yeah, the multifilter is a good way to go. And, there is a performance benefit to doing it that way too. Rather than the system having to quantize after each discrete filter run, the quantization only takes place once after a whole chain of filters is run. That is because the internal architecture of the communications between filters within the multifilter is done with much greater resolution than even 24 bit audio. As a result, quantization error distortion is reduced to the absolute minimum.
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

That's why I starting looking into using the multi-filter the first place. I read that in the manual about the build up of errors and I thought by using the MF I could do the restoration work faster AND have the benefit of doing a cleaner job.

Well, it works great.

GB..

Comment

Working...
      X