No announcement yet.

Recording K7 Tapes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Craig - Yes, that's what I recalled. Lots of artifacts. The way I did it without spectral subtraction was to try to subtract part of the delayed signal from the original. It sort of worked - some times better than others, but took hours to work through the delay, etc.
    Dan McDonald

Comment

Quoting Dan:

" - - - but took hours to work through the delay, etc."

-----------------

I can imagine. And, to make matters worse, room echo comes from multiple room delays with some of them being spaced differently in time because of the non - cubic aspect ratio of most rooms. In other words, the delay from the front of the room to the back and then back to the front is based on one dimension, but the reflection from a side wall to the opposite side wall most often will be a different dimension compared to the front to back dimension and thus a different delay time and so forth (ceiling to floor, etc).
      "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Yes - the way I remember it, the best I could do was minimize the worst reverb effect, but most of it was still there. It was just a one-of-a-kind recording, so I wanted to get it as clean as possible.

Dan
        Dan McDonald

Comment

If you happen to know the dimensions of the venue, that would allow you to find more quickly the dominent delay time required keeping in mind that sound travels at approximately 1000 feet per second (~1 foot / mSec).
          "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Working...
          X