Ripping Compilation CD's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ripping Compilation CD's

I have a friend that asked me to rip a CD that he made on his home CD Recorder. I think it is in another format, and I want to convert it to .wav, so I can do some processing.

I have another program that will rip the CD and convert it to .wav; then I have to import it to Dc Six Forensics, for processing.

When I try to rip the disc, using DC Six, the program won't allow me to do it, because the "tracks" do not appear.

Is there a way to work around this? Actually, I think I would like to rip the disk as one continuous .wav file, do the processing, and break it into tracks later.

DC6 rips Red Book Audio which is the standard Audio CD format. If it is not ripping the disc, it must be in another format, as you suggested. Is there some way that you can determine the format of the CD? Perhaps, use Windows Explorer to see if there are identifiable file extension there? Let us know what you learn.
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

If not CDDA (conventional CD) or MP3 (the most common music compression format) my next guess would be WMA -- for Windows Media Player. Some CD players, DVD players, etc., can play them if they chose to pay their royalties.

Comment

It seems to me, when I did the first CD for him, I saw a ".cda". But when I looked on the Internet, it looks like it is a Free Conversion Program. It's no big deal, because I have a file conversion program, and it converted to a continuous ".wav" file with no problem.

Actually, when I tried the conversion with "DC6 Forensics", I had forgotten that I had the conversion program; and, since I do all of my projects in .wav, I mentally only related the conversion program to ".MP3". I think the program converts quite a few Audio/Video files, but it works in the "background". This is the first time I've used it.

Comment

Working...
        X