CD Ripping Error Message

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CD Ripping Error Message

I am trying to do a small amount of work on a CD my granddaughter?s school gave her of her senior recital before making copies for the rest of the family. Unfortunately this error message popped up: ?ERROR: Cannot Read the CD?s Table of Contents.?

Is there any way to work around this?

MS Explorer shows the songs only as ?CD Audio Tracks.? I do not see what type they are. Also, I do not see a table of contents on the CD.
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 09-09-2019, 11:25 AM.

Originally posted by Tone Deaf
    I am trying to do a small amount of work on a CD my granddaughter’s school gave her of her senior recital before making copies for the rest of the family. Unfortunately this error message popped up: “ERROR: Cannot Read the CD’s Table of Contents.”

Is there any way to work around this?

MS Explorer shows the songs only as “CD Audio Tracks.” I do not see what type they are. Also, I do not see a table of contents on the CD.
    Sounds like it is an "open" disc; that is, the disc wasn't finallized after the initial burning. Without a valid TOC, the disc isn't usually usable. I personally don't know a work-around. Is there any way you can get a replacement disc that HAS a valid Table of Contents?

GB
    Last edited by ; 11-07-2006, 12:38 AM.

Comment

I guess another possibility is that you have a faulty disc.
      "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly.

There is music on the disk. It plays on CD players and with Real Player on my PC.

It automatically ripped itself when I played it on Windows Media. Can I move those files into the DC6 folder? I still can't determine their format or file type. Each (9) is listed as "Windows Media Audio File."

Comment

If the CD plays on stand alone CD players and in Real, my guess that Media Player is (for whatever reason) not recognizing the disc.

Why go into Media player at all? DC6 can rip CD's into .wav files without going into a player program. Try ripping the disc within DC6. From what you describe, that may be the answer.

If the TOC error is happening within DC6, I don't know what to tell you, other than the table of contents may be damaged enough not to rip properly.

GB

PS. Your computer probably is set up by default to supress file types. You can change this setting within the control panel. If you turn this feature on, you may be able to see what file type Media Player created or attempted to create.
          Last edited by ; 11-07-2006, 11:39 AM.

Comment

After Googling this matter, it appears that the files are in the WMA format (Windows Media Audio). Now, I have to see if it can be converted into something DC6 can work with.

Comment

Wma is Media Player's native format. DC6, of course works with .wav files but has the ability to open and automatically convert into .wav's MP3, Aif, aiff and extract the audio from several video formats.

Your easiest solution may be to re-rip the disc using Media Player BUT before you do so change the file type within the options menu to mp3 instead of WMA. There will be a substantial loss of fidelity doing this, but DC6 will be able to handle a mp3 file and convert it to .wav.

If you don't want to sacrifice audio quality, there are many good audio conversion programs out there. A good place to look would be www.tucows.com or www.download.com

GB

Comment

DC Audio Mentor opens WMA files and converts them to .wav. Just download Mentor on a trial basis and use it to rip and convert the file to .wav. It should end up in Mentor's "Bin 1" file folder. Then, just bring it into DC6.
                "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Duh... Yeah, I forgot about Audio Mentor..
                  Much better solution..

GB

Comment

It worked!!

Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                    X