In Praise of VOX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In Praise of VOX

A while back I (along with others, I'm sure) suggested a recording feature that would stop recording at the end of a record, in case I got tied up doing other things and didn't get back to stop recording. Craig and Rick implemented it as the VOX feature on the recording window.

I've used it regularly in the past, but I put it to extensive use this weekend. We're going to drive from Georgia to Maryland to spend Thanksgiving with our younger son. My in-laws will be making the trip with us. They are in their late '70's. I inherited from my mother a series of cassette tapes of music from the '40's. Since they were from 78's, the limited range of the cassettes is not a big problem. Each of the three cassettes is 90 minutes. I have an auto reverse cassette deck. Using it and the VOX feature, I transcribed the tapes. The VOX worked perfectly, allowing me to tape both sides unattended, the pausing recording until I came back.

I then used the "find and mark silent passages" feature along with the "chop file" feature after using EZ clean to remove the hiss. I now have some great music that my in-laws will enjoy on the trip. The DC 6 features made this an easy task.

Thanks!

Doug
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 06-26-2019, 08:59 PM.

Hi Doug,

I know what you mean. I have found it to be quite useful in the same sort of situation. The Forensics folks also use it for eliminating long dead times on surveillance tapes and also directly for the surveillance recording process itself.

keywords: Voice Operated Transmit, VOX Recording, Voice Operated Recording, Signal Triggered Recording, Sound Actuated Recording, Music Activated Recording, Sound Activated Recording, Audio Activated Recording
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 12-26-2006, 07:39 PM.
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Working...
    X