Sector Boundaries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sector Boundaries

I have a "one of a kind" recording that contains seperate tracks, but is meant to played as a complete piece. The recording is already seperated into individual tracks.

Unfortunately, this recording is in the MP3 format and I'll want to do some further processing before finally burning to CD.

Will opening, processing, and saving the individual tracks alter the sector boundaries when I finally burn onto CD? Since there are no silent parts between tracks, it will sound poor if there are glitches in the audio between the tracks.

If need be, I would rather do NO processing and keep the files as they are to preserve the seamless nature of the piece.

GB
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 05-29-2019, 07:48 PM.

GB - the processing changes the files, so the easiest thing to do is rip them from the cd, concatenate them, process, and then chop them.

Dan
    Dan McDonald

Comment

Hi Dan...

Yeah... That's what I suspected... that if you process the files they would be changed. Normally this isn't an issue as I am working with original material, either a complete CD or cassette. But since all I have is the seperate tracks, I have to live with that.

Thanks for the info.

GB

Comment

If you concatenate them before processing, then cut them, then it will be fine. Alternatively, if you have to do different processing for different tracks, you can also concatente them after processing and re-chop them. Either way will work. I do this kind of thing a lot.

Dan
        Dan McDonald

Comment

Thanks again, Dan. Sounds like that will do the trick.

GB

Comment

OK, I appologize being rather "thick" when it comes to this, as I do it so rarely, that I often forget when I have to do it again.

I got my songs from the aforementioned post merged using the batch processor... Because the person who did the original rip didn't do it perfectly, I had a little repair work to do before I did my final processing. Now I have a whole album's worth of material in one file.

Now comes the part I forget; When I chop the file into pieces do I leave it at that and burn the CD or do I "quantize for CD"? My thinking is that if I use the quantize function, I'll be back to square one and have a slight glitch between songs as the cut will move the cut (ever so slightly) to the sector boundary. When these songs are matched up during burning there would be a little glitch between the songs.

Am I all wet? Sorry, but I forgot. Is there a way to place the markers at the sector boundaries before the cut, so this isn't a problem?

Normally, I am dealing with tracks that have silence at the beginning and end, so all of this is usually a non-issue.
            GB
            Last edited by ; 12-01-2006, 07:28 AM.

Comment

Disregard my last post!! I am so sorry. I knew we had a discussion about quantizing this fall, but I couldn't find it at first. I re-submitted my query and got the link I needed.

The discussion (one of many) that I was referring to is here:
              http://www.diamondcut.com/vforum/sho...light=quantize

Sorry everyone, but I think I know what to do now.

I think I'm going brain dead or something...
              GB
              Last edited by ; 12-01-2006, 07:47 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X