Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interesting problem - may help someone...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting problem - may help someone...

I haven't used DC for a while, but have a rush job for Xmas, so fired it up yesterday. I recorded one side and everything sounded A-Ok during the recording. When I got around to listening to the playback, it sounded really awful, as though it had been through a *really* aggressive CNF. I thought, has DC died on me, so I tried the MS recorder (yuck) and same problem, so not DC.
    I tried switching to MME drivers, same problem.

Then I started thinking what has changed? I've added a wireless modem - can't think what that would do. However, since the wireless modem has been in, Windows has been downloading lots of updates, maybe something got messed up with these updates. I then [first had to find and] reloaded my sound card's original drivers. Problem gone!

Three hours wasted, but maybe this will help someone...

BigAl , I have a Media 7.1 card , and I found that if I let it choose what sound
    bit it wanted for the computer system, it chose something like 16 bit 22.5 hz , and when it did that my sound was quality was terrible. So my question to You is , what is the soundcard clock rate set at ?
    If Your card is set at " Auto Rate " ... try setting the clock to 44.100 hz,
    I hope this helps , here's the window panel for my 7.1 card.

Cheers, Stephen
    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
    X