Many old buttons disappeared with 6.14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Many old buttons disappeared with 6.14

Has anyone else had the problem that some of your buttons disappeared after installing the 6.14 patch? My record button is one that is obvious, since that is what I was going to do when I realized I had to use the Ctrl+R keyboard shortcut.

Any suggestions on how to get back the buttons I had originally? I tried toggling the various toolbars in the View Menu and zip, zilch, nada.

TIA,

Kathy (aka Frustrated)

I am not sure what happened, but try this to restore the buttons on the toolbars:

1. Go to the View Menu and turn off all of the toolbars and then close the program.

2. Restart the program.

3. Then turn them all on again and re-start the program again.

Hopefully, this procedure should be useful in restoring the toolbars and/or restoring the buttons.
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 01-18-2007, 04:45 PM.
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Yes - sounds odd. I just installed DC6 live forensics and upgraded because I got a new computer and nothing changed during the upgrade. I saw your post just before I upgraded to 6.14, so I looked at before and after.

Dan
      Dan McDonald

Comment

Thanks for your responses. I have no idea what happened, but after I posted the message, I decided to just play around with the various toolbars, checking and unchecking them. Then I got tired of playing around and closed the program.

When I started it again later, all the toolbars I wanted were there.

Go figure! So by coincidence tried the method suggested and it worked.

Again, thanks for your responses.

Comment

Working...
        X