No announcement yet.

Fun impulse poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, DJ- - -I just thought that it might be instructive to post those snippets for other folks to hear if it is not too much trouble. Maybe record just 10 seconds off of that record album and then clean it up using whatever you are using now - - - there is our before and after.
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

How funny DJ is doing Monkees records. I was looking at my collection and thinking I might do them next.

Craig, I think the final product came out pretty good. I'll look for the final mix and post or send it to you. I'm in the process of collecting some of my best work for demos and such anyway.

Ironically, I was working on one of my Beatles records for before/after samples, and wasn't able to gt a couple of clicks out that I or the software couldn't see, and decided to leave them in to prove that I didn't just rip off the track from a CD for the after sample.

Drew

Comment

Originally posted by DJBohn
        Dan - Poor choice of words on my part! I admit, their music was far from complex. But when they were all singing & instruments were going at the same time, it was just not as clear & defined as I would have liked it to have been - more during the louder passages, probably from groove damage done by her old portable record grinder.
        The monkees are a very good group/act to restore as their re-issues sound terrible. I had a VERY WORN copy of their 2nd LP (More of the Monkees?... it's been awhile since I looked at the title) and it sounded better after restoration than the CD version. I'm sure somebody will eventually restore their catalog, but in the meantime at least we have Diamond Cut products!!

GB

Comment

Working...
        X