AIFF Files are Supported

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AIFF Files are Supported

The question came up as to whether or not Diamond Cut DC6 supported AIFF's (or Audio Interchange File Format), which is the Macintosh audio file format.

Answer: Yes, the can be opened or created by DC6.

The feature(s) can be found under the Save File As and/or Open File commands.
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 03-31-2019, 09:42 AM.
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

All of my files are in .wav format.

Can I convert my media files to .aif, and keep them in that format when I transfer them to Diamond Cut, and process them keeping keeping them in the .aif format; then, can I transfer the processed file back to my Media files as .aif. The manual seems to indicate that I can keep my files in the .aif, once I have done the initial conversion.

Can CD's be created, using the .aif format?

Comment

Hi Ringmaster,

The native format for Diamond Cut software is .wav and not .aif and thus the conversion must be made. This conversion is found under the file\save as menu. Also, the batch file editor supports file conversion between .aif to .wav and the other way around which is nice when you have a lot to do. When you make this conversion, nothing is lost in the process, so you do not need to worry about that.

CDs are not .aif format, but their own species. The Diamond Cut burner will make the conversion from .wav to the Red Book CD Standard for you.

Craig

Comment

Craig,

What prompted my question is: I am using another program to convert all of my Library .wav files to .aif, so I can take advantage of the tagging feature. I wasn't sure how to convert my complete Library, using DC8.

I thought I probably have to import the .aif file to DC8, and convert it to .wav so I can do some processing (sometimes on Live recordings, I remove and fade the lead-in & lead-out); then, when I am finished I will have to convert back to .aif before I transfer the track back to my Library>music.

Does this sound logical.

Comment

Hi Ringmaster,

Well, it sounds like one way to do it and it should work.

Craig

Comment

Working...
          X