Install VISTA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Install VISTA?

I've seen some discussion regarding VISTA but I can't tell if anyone has actually installed it and seen if it works with DC6. I have a copy of VISTA on order (it's free, it came with my computer) but I don't know whether to install it or not. I was hoping that maybe somebody has blazed that trial for me.

I don't like working with the first release of anything but this is a new machine so maybe it's worth installing before I fill it up.

Thanks
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 04-12-2019, 10:46 AM.

I just spoke with Rick, and he has not properly tested any of the Diamond Cut products on Vista, so we really do not know if they will work correctly on that platform at this point in time.
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 02-23-2007, 12:15 PM.
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

I just bought a new pc with Vista. I haven't given the program a thorough workout but the things I've tried have worked. If I find problem areas I'll be back. <g>
      My avatar is Jiminy Cricket in honor of Cliff Edwards who did the voice over. Edwards was a man whose life often did not follow the principles put forth by the cricket.

Comment

Now that we have had some experience with this subject, it appears that everything works ok on Vista except for the online Help file system. The DC6 Helpfile system does not work at all on the Vista operating system, unfortunately. That will be corrected in the next release of the Diamond Cut software.
        Last edited by Craig Maier; 05-31-2007, 07:05 PM.
        "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

The Ziff Davis web site (publishers of PC Magazine) and a couple of other reviewers have warned to stay away from Vista Home Basic. The other flavors are ok, but Home Basic should be avoided. Also, apparently Vista deleted the Microsoft HAL audio interface layer which should make it impossible to control treble and bass balance with many players - but shouldn't create a problem for software that has its own routines for treble/bass settings, like the DC series.

Comment

Working...
          X