Dual Processor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dual Processor

I was just wondering if DC7 would be set up to take advantage of dual processors. I recently got a computer with two processors, since they're supposed to be the way to go these days, but apparently a lot of programs aren't really set up to take advantage of the two processors, which means the new computer is a little slower than the old computer for some tasks.

The 2 processors are supposed to be great for statistical analyses, etc. I do quite a bit of those, but it would be nice if DC7 was also able to take advantage of the processing capabilities. I'm not very much aware of the issues involved, but was just wondering.
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 05-13-2019, 03:07 PM.
    Dan McDonald

We are looking into that. Theoretically, a true 64 bit version of Vista may decrease processing time, because the Diamond Cut Software performs a lot of floating point mathematical operations to do its job. But, we believe that the 32 bit version of Vista actually runs the software (and other software too) slower than XP, probably because of the increased complexity of Vista over XP.

Stay tuned!
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 03-11-2007, 09:08 PM.
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Thanks, Craig

Dan
      Dan McDonald

Comment

Working...
      X