Kent State Audio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kent State Audio

I assume most of you have seen the news report on the recent audio release of the Kent State shootings. Supposedly you can hear the command to fire being given. I heard a wma file of it, but couldn't really hear it. If a better quality version was available, it might be a job for Live/Forensics.

Dan
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 04-12-2019, 10:51 AM.
    Dan McDonald

It is possible that the lossy compression of .wma may have lost that information; it would be interesting to go back to the analog master or a 44.1 KHz PCM sampling of that signal.
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Dan or Craig - do you have an aiudio link to this? I'd never heard of it before (10 yrs before I was born) but are interested. I had to look it up to even know what you were talking about.
      At work I may look like I'm doing nothing, but at the cellular level I'm actually quite busy

Comment

Here's a link to one of the students' websites.

http://alancanfora.com/

He has the audio in wma format.

10 years before you were born... I'm starting to feel old. They cancelled my high school graduation ceremony because they were afraid of protests and troublesome behavior.
        Dan McDonald

Comment

Just for the heckuvit, I converted wma to wav, then imported to Live.
          The forensics filters didn't have much of an effect on clarity of sound, but what did improve the clarity somewhat:
          1) Converted to mono L-R
          2) Bandpass Low Freq. 7000 - High Freq 7400 - 18db/octave
          3) selectively boosted the amplitude in the section containing the commands to fire which can now be heard more clearly, but maybe not clearly enough.
          "You earthlings are all fools, fools, fools, do you hear me ..." Plan 9 From Outer Space

Comment

Working...
          X