Recording and playback at 176.4 khz sample

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recording and playback at 176.4 khz sample

Hi, I'm new to the forum. I have a rare application for high sample rate recording. It's high speed (x8) capture of audio tapes using the player section of a professional high speed tape duplicator. I have already done this using an M Audio Audiophile 192 soundcard and results are good. The problem is I need recording software that records and plays at 176.4 khz sample rate, which is 8 times 22.05 khz, the final expected sample rate for normal digital playback (ie; real time speed).
    Do you know of any recording software that will work at 176.4 khz? I have 192 khz but it involves a conversion step after capture. 176.4 khz, even though it's an even multiple of 44.1 khz is harder to find. Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks, Tim
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 03-31-2019, 10:26 AM.

Diamond Cut DC6 records and plays at sampling rates up to 192 KHz. It also supports custom recording sampling rates (sampling rates other than the standard ones). So, DC6 should do what you want to do at 176.4 KHz.
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 05-12-2007, 10:45 PM.
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Thanks. I've downloaded the demo version and it seems to do the job.

Can you tell me how to play the 176.4khz file i've just recorded back at 22.05khz without actually converting the sample rate?

Cheers Tim.

Comment

Using the play button, the software will only playback at the sample rate that the file was recorded at unless you use the sample rate conversion feature in the program. Essentially, the sample rate conversion feature is doing just that - - - playing a file at a different rate, except that it uses some sophisticated interpolation / anti-aliasing techniques to assure the best accuracy of the resultant signal. That feature is found under the "Edit" menu.

Another way to do this would be to cascade 3 change speed "Effects" together into the multifilter. That would allow you to "Preview" (listen in real time) the file without actually creating a new file. Set each of the three change speed filters for a - 50% change. The Multifilter is found under the Filter menu.
        Last edited by Craig Maier; 05-13-2007, 06:56 PM.
        "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Thanks for your help.

Tim

Comment

Working...
          X