DC6 Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DC6 Review

I was surfing the net and found this DC6 review by Micro Filmmaker Magazine. Thought that it might be of interest:

http://www.microfilmmaker.com/review...2/DC_comp.html
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 03-08-2019, 12:33 PM.
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Very nice review!

But I think they could have done a better job with their fourth test/demo -- the "Outside Cell" file. Maybe, when they get a little more experience, ...

Comment

Yeah - that is really a job for the Forensics version which has the ability to do a good job on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Craig Maier
        Yeah - that is really a job for the Forensics version which has the ability to do a good job on it.
        Which I believe they said they intended to do (for a different publication?). It's an old review. I ran across it last year, but I don't know how I came to find it. I would have guessed that it's been linked from here before.

HB

Comment

I just performed a search here and did not find it, so it is likely that you encountered the review from some other source.

Comment

I just performed a search here and did not find it, so it is likely that you encountered the review from some other source.
            I've seen that same article myself too and can swear that the same article link was posted here at some time.

GB

Comment

I remember a few years ago...() reading one of my Aussie electronics magazines (I think) a review on DCArt 32/millenium. It was 4-6 colour pages that caught my eye. Not sure if I still have the article to refer, but at the time I was still a student. I saved my pennies and then a yr or two later bought my 1st copy of DCV directly from Craig.

One of the best things I ever did
              Since then, I've restored an entire classical LP collection of about 60 records for a good family friend (it consistent of records collected by her aunty and grandfather - most were around 50s vintage). A portion of a much larger collection for another friend, and maybe 100 78rpm song titles of my own.

My only problem is when I get started, I pull out more records than I can handle, then they start accumulating in my bedroom...books make way for records as does everything else

Oh...and B&W films - I've done a few soundtracks on those too!!! (couldn't resist trying to enhance a few good British musicals). All the American musicals of the same vintage appear to already sound quite good.
              Last edited by Doug; 05-30-2007, 07:50 PM.
              At work I may look like I'm doing nothing, but at the cellular level I'm actually quite busy

Comment

Originally posted by Doug
                My only problem is when I get started, I pull out more records than I can handle, then they start accumulating in my bedroom...books make way for records as does everything else
                Well, my books have taken over my living room, but the LPs are overflowing everywhere else.

On a different board I frequent one participant mentioned doing "crisis" cleaning for some relatives who would be visiting for the long (US) Memorial Day weekend. I told him my place is w..a..y beyond "crisis" -- my wife just informed me that the rec room is at Defcon 2. (At Defcon 1 the use of nuclear weapons is authorized!)

Comment

Nope. You posted the link yourself on March 20, 2006 at 7:40 PM. The thread is also called "DC6 Review" and your introduction is almost identical. I noted the date because I wasn't sure I hadn't stumbled on this thread again. But hey, I'm 65, so I can empathize.

HB
                  Last edited by Audyossey; 05-30-2007, 08:35 PM.

Comment

That is so bizzare, I did the search (both basic and adv) not logged in and it came up with nothing. Then when I logged in, it took me to the before mentioned thread.

http://www.diamondcut.com/vforum/sho...ght=DC6+Review

I still don't like the search engine on this bbs - it doesn't seem to work too well
                    At work I may look like I'm doing nothing, but at the cellular level I'm actually quite busy

Comment

Originally posted by Audyossey
                      Nope. You posted the link yourself on March 20, 2006 at 7:40 PM. The thread is also called "DC6 Review" and your introduction is almost identical. I noted the date because I wasn't sure I hadn't stumbled on this thread again. But hey, I'm 65, so I can empathize.

HB
                      Thanks HB!!!!

I knew I read that same article here on this board!!!!! But, was too lazy to go and try to find it like you did.

GB

Comment

You are right -

I can see that now. I had searched for it earlier and could not find it under

microfilmmakers

Oh, well - - - is memory the first thing to go? I used to know from school, but now I forget.

Comment

I can see that now. I had searched for it earlier and could not find it under

microfilmmakers...
                          Believe it or not, I just searched on "review." Going by recent history, I figured it would be in the title. I didn't know whether the search engine would deal properly with "microfilmmaker" as part of a link or whether you had split "Micro" and "Filmmaker" in both posts. In your case, there's no "microfilmmakers" with an "s" in either post.

HB

Comment

Hey - - - I missed it. Sorry folks for the redundant posting. If you want me to delete the thread, I can do that. Just let me know.

It seems like a pretty big deal is being made out of not very much here other than my senior moment.

One last time - - - I appologize.

Last edited by Craig Maier; 05-31-2007, 12:55 PM.

Comment

Craig, us "seniors" have to stick together - I must have missed the review the first time around but found it interesting this time. Thanks for giving me a second chance at it.

With all you and Rick have getting the next version ready I'm sure we all will cut you all the slack you might need.

Can't wait to see the Beta.
                              Brian

Comment

Working...
                              X