I hate to complain so soon, but.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate to complain so soon, but.....

The forum software logged me out while I was composing a fairly lengthy reply to Craig on my first thread.

I hit the "back" button, but it didn't take me back to what I had written so I was unable to rescue my text.

I lost about half an hours work thanks to that.

As a long time webhead I guess I should know better than to trust forum software and just type in my post on the screen.

Just had to vent a bit..

Cheers,

Jon
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 07-11-2019, 10:59 AM.

Sorry about that. The same thing has occasionally happened to me, especially when I go do an internet search in the middle of a long post and forget that the system is not forgiving of that.

When I know that the post is going to be real long, I do it in a word processor and then paste it in here, reducing the risk. Maybe that technique would be helpful.
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Originally posted by Craig Maier
      Sorry about that. The same thing has occasionally happened to me, especially when I go do an internet search in the middle of a long post and forget that the system is not forgiving of that.

When I know that the post is going to be real long, I do it in a word processor and then paste it in here, reducing the risk. Maybe that technique would be helpful.
      Yeah, I usually use Google Docs for that. Then it is just one tab away and I can switch in a second.

I didn't realize the post was going to be so long, but I waxed long fingered and there you are.

Cheers,

Jon

Comment

I came to understand that the hard way also in other forums. Now I try to remember when finished with my post to highlight it and paste it in the clipboard before hitting submit. That practice has saved me a few times.
        Danny Gilbert

Comment

Originally posted by quartet87
          ...Now I try to remember when finished with my post to highlight it and paste it in the clipboard before hitting submit.
          I try to remember to do that as well. I've had the experience of losing posts at Submit or Preview time. I've also had the surprisingly happy experience of switching accidently to another part of the site opening it in a different tab and coming back to find that my post-in-progress was still there.

Overall, I'm always happy when I see vBulletin is the forum software. Although some sites block some features, it's the most convenient for me as a user and it seems highly reliable.

HB

Comment

Working...
          X