No announcement yet.

Funky CD of an LP Restoration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks much Brian! Unfortunately I should have purchased several when they were very available. Now is kind of bad financial timing, but may look in the future for some. I'm happy with my HP LightScribe DVD writer for the time being as a CD burner, but wasn't too impressed with the LightScribe portion of it. It takes too long to burn the graphics, you have to do it several times for it to be very visable & I'm afraid the laser may not last long doing such intense procedures.

Comment

I tried the LightScribe system and also found it wanting; letter quality, speed, having to buy special blanks, etc. I finally settled on the Casio thermal printer; fast, many different fonts, works on any media (even LightScribe ones!).

Initially, I was worried about the thermal print engine in some way damaging the media but according to the lab that does the life-expectancy testing - nothing to worry about. As a precaution I do the label first and then burn the CD.

Casio makes a number of models, some with 300 dpi others with 600 dpi. I chose the CW-100 which has the 600 dpi print engine. I'm still on my first printer ribbon. I think Tracer used to sell them.
      Brian

Comment

Thanks again Brian. When I can do the change I'll look into the Casio unit. It sounds a bit limited though. Not allowed to use your own graphics with the system? I also have my own vast font library that I control with the "The Font Thing".

Comment

Originally posted by DJBohn
          Thanks again Brian. When I can do the change I'll look into the Casio unit. It sounds a bit limited though. Not allowed to use your own graphics with the system? I also have my own vast font library that I control with the "The Font Thing".
          Here's a link that gives more info, but it does do graphics and any font you have on your computer. If printing pictures is the most important application then this is inferior to the ink jet labelers - until the disc gets wet. The thermal labels are permanent.
          http://www.amazon.com/Casio-CW-100-I.../dp/B00064GGIU

Comment

Working...
          X