Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DC6 Rip To WAV quirk...

Hi all,
    This may be a subject that has already been covered (I have not looked in the back posts yet), but I thought I'd give it a shot. I am in need of ripping some CD tracks to WAV onto my hard drive. I've always used my old freeware program CDex to do it just because I'm used to it for that purpose. But I got tired of it adding an extra second to both the beginning and the end of each track, so I decided to try the ripping feature in DC6. Attempting to do so resulted in some problems.

I have two CD drives in my old PIII-500 (running Windows 98SE). One is just a basic LG 52X CD-ROM. The other is a Plextor 48X CD-R-RW. The LG is not nearly as fast at ripping as the Plextor and I get more errors with it as well. I put a CD into the Plextor burner and opened up DC6's CD Ripper. There are no tracks listed on the screen, and in the CD Ripper's comment box it says "ERROR: Cannot read the CD's Table Of Contents."

But here is where it gets real quirky. I decided to try the CD in the LG instead, but I first switched to the LG drive at the top of the CD Ripper and all of a sudden the tracks appear in the list - but with the wrong drive! I thought it was just something simple so I ignored the listed drive and tried to rip the tracks anyway as its comment box said "Ready". But that wouldn't work either. A window popped up saying "ERROR: Can't start CD ripping". When I "X" it out, another DC6 window pops up saying "ERROR: Cannot open the file. The file may be in use by another program, or is corrupted." When I "X" out that box the previous popup opened again - the same boxes kept opening up after I would close the previous one, as if in a continuious loop.

I know the CD is good - I can still rip the tracks with CDex. But I'm wondering what's going on here & if it may be an easy fix. Thanks in advance!
Working...
X