No announcement yet.

How many tracks can be recorded on One Wave File

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wish Microsoft thought about these issues as well as Diamond Cut. I just tried to transfer half an hour of video from my camcorder to my computer and it just stopped as soon as it hit 4 gb. They only give you two options with the Windows Movie Maker - WMV or AVI, and the AVI is ridiculously high quality, WMV is not good enough to use for a DVD.

Oh well.. so every 15-20 minutes or so you have to start recording over.

Dan
    Dan McDonald

Comment

Ringmaster ,

I have a external hard drive that I keep only wav files on , and I need to get another one. Right now I have 4,851 songs on the drive. I would say that 65 percent of those songs are needle-drops.

I had close to a 1000 songs done when I upgraded from DC5 to DC6 , and because my work flow changed and because of DC6, I dumped all those songs and started over . . . lol

Ringmaster , I participated in the beta testing of DC7 , and in my HUMBLE opinion , I think You will be very Pleased with DC7. I will have to revisit some of my collection , to re-do some of the more difficult songs that I have restored.

DC7 has made doing restorations even more enjoyable for me, because the Quality of my music is just that much better.!!

I spend some money on vinyl that is new, like I just picked up ZZ Top's "Tre Hombres." It was a project that Steve Hoffman and Kevin Grey did for Warner Bros... 180 gram vinyl , and Steve did such a Fantastic Job of re mastering this music ( he used the Original Tapes ).

After recording this vinyl into my computer , I used DC7 , to process the songs into wav files. The Dynamics of this Vinyl is something to behold,and
      Thanks to DC7 , I cam listen to this music when and where I want.

I did the same thing with the Red Hot Chilli Pepper's release of " Stadium Arcadium " . Stadium Arcadium was released in CD form and was "No Noised" to Death , along comes Mr Hoffman , and he masters the vinyl version of this
      title.

My friends did a comparison of the CD released and my CD ( done with DC6 )
      Frankly , there was no comparison . . . the dynamics of the Vinyl version just kicked butt or the "No Noised" version .

I also have another drive that I have my collection stored as mp3s, My two children both have mp3 players , and dig the music that is available to them.

Cheers , Stephen

Comment

Stephen:

I know what you are saying about wanting to re-do some of your restorations that were done with previous versions of the software. I've been using Diamond Cut products since the DCArt32 days, so I've gone through this process several times as well. What is really dramatic is the difference in sonic quality between a restoration done in DCArt32 vs. DC7!!! Wow... what a difference.

I completely agree with you in the virtues of vinyl. A friend of mine let me listen to the CD version of "The White Stripes" 'Icky Thump', but when I went to purchase it myself, I opted for the 180 gram vinyl version. And like you, I think it far surpasses the sterile quality found on the CD version.

GB

Comment

[QUOTE

I completely agree with you in the virtues of vinyl. A friend of mine let me listen to the CD version of "The White Stripes" 'Icky Thump', but when I went to purchase it myself, I opted for the 180 gram vinyl version. And like you, I think it far surpasses the sterile quality found on the CD version.

GB[/QUOTE]

GB ,

"The White Stripes" 'Icky Thump' , is another version done by Kevin Gray and Steve Hoffman. If I sound like a FanBoy of Steve's , I'm Sorry ...Guilty as Charged lol.

As You know , there are so many Engineers out there mastering music of All Styles , however, there are not many that do what Steve does. IMO , he has a Great Pair of Ears , he doesn't Futz with the Master Tapes as much as some people will. He lets the instruments and vocals shine thru in all their Glory.

Here's a link to his forum...

http://www.stevehoffman.tv/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2

Steve isn't just into Rock and Roll , he has interests in other Genres.

Cheers , Stephen

Comment

Stephen:

Very interesting....

Thanks for the link.

Do you have a good on-line source for vinyl? The recent ones I have purchased have been a local brick and mortar store that doesn't offer too much selection.

Thanks again...

GB

Comment

GB ,

I have used a couple of places . . . with Great Results with both.

1. https://store.acousticsounds.com/

2. http://www.elusivedisc.com/

For used vinyl , I use alot of different sources , mainly I Google and dig and dig and dig .lol

I wish I had a brick and mortar store to get these new releases from.

One that Steve and Kevin are working on , that I'm Excited about is " Fleetwood Mac's " Rumors .
              http://www.stevehoffman.tv/forums/sh...=fleetwood+mac

Cheers , Stephen

Comment

Thanks for the info Stephen.

Yes, I bet the "Rumours" release will be fantastic. Even the original LP is darn good. I remember when it came out (along with Fleetwood Mac/Fleetwood Mac) that these were very well recorded albums.

GB

Comment

Working...
                X