Electric Network Frequency Analysis question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electric Network Frequency Analysis question

Few days ago I've found this article about integrity of digital audio evidence:
    http://equinoxjournals.com/ojs/index...ticle/view/525

This article reports on the Electronic Network Frequency Criterion as a means of assessing the integrity of digital audio evidence. A brief description is given of phenomena that determine ENF varaiations. In most situations,to reach a non-authenticity option, the visual inspection of spectrograms and comparison with an ENF database are enough.....
    It has been so interesting, I've tried to make some googling about this subject.
    And a nice surprise was here:
    http://www.diamondcut.com/Downloads/...DiamondCut.pdf

How have I missed it before???

My question is-as the tutorial is few years old and a bit too complicated for beginners, is any text how it can be done in few simple steps for not too advanced users of DCLive?

Thx
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 03-31-2019, 09:58 AM.

I wish that we could give you a few steps that would allow you to deal with this sort of tape authentication method, but it really is quite complex and far beyond my ability to post a paragraph and have the concept to be understood by the readers.

Suffice it to say that Diamond Cut Live is used both to log the power line data (note that it can record at sample rates as low as 100 samples per second for protracted data logging purposes) and to compare that data to that which is extracted from surveilance recordings. I think that this would make a good one day seminar adjunct to the existing 3 day Forensics seminar that we presently offer. Maybe it would be worth it to develop this topic a bit more.

All that I can say right now is that you do have the right software tools to do the job.
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

OK, I follow you
      Thanx

Comment

Working...
      X