adding life to vocals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• adding life to vocals

have dc6. have old recording & vocals seem flatt. thought i might be able to accentuate certain consonants to bring out the vocal. how best to do this?

VVA adds life to vocals

Hi,

I use the VVA to add live to vocals. Generally, I use in in "Warm" mode for that specific application. Sometimes I choose the 12AT7 triode and sometimes I use the "Exciter" function and experiment with the controls until I achive the desired result.

DC7 has a seperate "Enhancer" function which also achieves this goal, sometimes in a more effective manner because it not only adds harmonics to the signal, but it also modifies the envelope of its dynamics.
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

adding life to vocal

ok i'll try the vva. but as to accentuating vowels. i tried selecting the first part of the word with the vowel & equalizing with higher treble but not always with the results i wanted.

Comment

Global Approach

I think that most natural result will come from a global approach rather than a "selective filtering" approach. Just my opinion.
        "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Working...
        X