No announcement yet.

Intermodulation and Harmonic Distortion Tips in Tracer Newsletter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

there's a lot of blues and folk songs from the 20's and 30s that are just talking with guitar or other music in the background, so you could call those early rap, if you're going to call "Ringo" early rap (even though it's probably more fun to call Lorne Greene the 'first rapper.')

There are even some cylinder records that do that kind of thing - but they tend to be comedy. And I imagine if you go back to troubadors and jongleurs, they were more like rappers because they incorporated news into songs with music.
    Dan McDonald

Comment

"I'm A Man" by Bo Diddley

In my opinion, the greatest flip side of a 45 ever recorded, a classic in it's own right.
      "You earthlings are all fools, fools, fools, do you hear me ..." Plan 9 From Outer Space

Comment

You make a strong argument Dan. I'll also have to admit that Craig had a good point as well - "The Rapper" by the Jaggerz may have been the first or at least one of the first references to the term "Rapper" in popular music.

Lord Theo - I like some of Bo Diddley's stuf as well. (Did he do the original of the song "Bo Diddley" or was that done by someone else?)

Guess I got a little off track for this forum - would have been better off in the "General Audio" catagory...

Comment

Bo did the first Bo Diddley, I'm pretty sure. But I'm a Man was a Muddy Waters song (Mannish Boy) before it was Bo's, wasn't it?

Dan
          Dan McDonald

Comment

Bo Diddley was the originator of the song, "Bo Diddley" his first record, with "I'm A Man" as the its flip side. Both were recorded in March of 1955. When released, "I'm A Man" was supposed to be the "A" side-it didn't work out that way.
            "You earthlings are all fools, fools, fools, do you hear me ..." Plan 9 From Outer Space

Comment

"I'm A Man" is a Muddy Waters song that Bo Diddley re-worked. A few months after the release of I'm A Man", Muddy Waters recorded a cover version of it, entitled "Mannish Boy".

Comment

Thanks Theo. I thought that was pretty much the way it worked.

Dan
                Dan McDonald

Comment

Working...
                X