Black Spectrogram window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Spectrogram window

I altered some of the settings (fft size) in the Spectrogram and now only get a black screen with the frequency lables in the "destination" window. I tried putting the settings back now at 1024 but I still get nothing but black and the frequency labels in the destination window. Any idea of what I've done wrong?

It is that way with every file I open.

Dan
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 09-09-2019, 11:23 AM.
    Dan McDonald

Re: Black Spectrogram window

Dan
    Finally I can log back into our own BBS. This web site move has been a real pain.
    In any case did you try toggling between the default frequency range and then back to a defined range. That may be the issue rather than the fftsize. I have not seen this particular issue, but I did get a similar issue when I had accidentially unchecked the default button.

Comment

Hi Rick - Just tried that, and it doesn't seem to do anything. I tried taking off the freq labels, puttting back to default, all the options I can find.

Dan
      Dan McDonald

Comment

Dan
        If you are feeling adventurous you can try deleting the registry keys associated with the spectrograph. They are all under this key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Diamond Cut Productions\DCLive5\DCart

And have a name starting with Spectro* like "SpectroFFTSize"
        You can safely delete these keys and it will then use the default values again.

Comment

Thanks Rick -

I tried editing the registry but that didn't seem to do it, so I simply uninstalled and then reinstalled the software and everything is back to normal.

Dan
          Dan McDonald

Comment

Glad that you got it working again. Still sounds like some setting got stuck somewhere. Re-installing will clean out the registry and re-init everything. Besides changing the fft size, do you have any hint as to what settings you were changing so I can try to re-produce it here?

Comment

Hi Rick -

I think I just was fooling around with it basically to see what the options did. I had a 96kHz file I was looking at so I took it off default and upped the scale to see what it looked like (all white above about 20kHz). Then I was fooling around with the linear/log scale and fft size. I was just looking at the options to see what they did. I'll try to pay more attention next time!

Dan
              Dan McDonald

Comment

OK...black spectogram window is back. I have no idea why. I've been using batch file mode a lot and a lot of heavy processing. The only thing that may have caused it (and this could be in the first case as well) was that I converted a gorup of files at 96kHz/16 bits down to 44.1 using the "pro" option.

That's the only thing I can think of. I may reinstall and try that again and see if that causes the problem.
                Dan

Dan McDonald

Comment

Dan
                  Before you reinstall could you send me the registry settings? That way I can take a look at what has happenned and hopefully get it fixed. To do this you run regedit, then go to the key
                  HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Diamond Cut Productions
                  Right click and select export. Then email me the reg file that is created. That would be a great help, unless you haver re-installed already.

Comment

I got the black spectrogram window again. I pulled up this old post to see what the conditions were, and I mentioned I had converted from 96kHz to 44.1. Yesterday (before this happened) I did the same thing - converting a group of files from 96 kHz to 44.1, 24-bit to 16-bit. This time I was using the highest quality (master) in the conversion. I just brought the thread back up because it could be a coincidence, but it's a little odd that both times it was associated with the conversion.

Dan
                    Dan McDonald

Comment

I got the black spectrogram screen again and haven't been able to figure out what caused it. Last time I think I reinstalled the software, but just checking to see if there was any other simpler fix for it, or if anyone else ever gets it.

I see the last time I had it was in 2004, so it's not a major problem, but I thought I'd check for a fix.

Dan
                      Dan McDonald

Comment

Dan,

I have experienced that too. It happened to me after playing around with the color palette. I wonder if that could be the root cause. Were you doing the same?

Craig
                        "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

I don't think I was, but since it didn't show up until I ran the spectrogram, it could be. Did you have to reinstall to get it to work?

Dan
                          Dan McDonald

Comment

Yes - - - I had to re-install in order to get the Spectrogram back. It only happened to me that one time. I do not know what the bug is; would be nice to be able to reproduce it.
                            "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Working...
                            X