Does DC-7 Run Under Vista 64-Bit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does DC-7 Run Under Vista 64-Bit?

Hi All, a simple hard disk upgrade resulted in a week-long battle with HP recovery disks (I lost). In dispair I ditched the recovery disks & set-off on a clean install of Vista Ultimate. Does anyone know whether DC-7 runs under Vista 64-bit? If not I'll install 32-bit.

Thanks,
    Mikie

DC7 Running under Vista 64 Bit

Hi Mikie,

I just received this information from Curtis:

----------------------------------------

I just built a machine with Vista 64 bit and xp pro in a dual boot configuration. DC7 appears to work fine in Vista 64.

keywords: DC7 with Vista 64 Bit, DC7 and Vista 64 Bit, Live Forensics 7 and Vista 64 Bit
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Originally posted by Craig Maier
      DC7 appears to work fine in Vista 64.
      From what I've read about Vista 64, this is quite a tribute to Rick's clean coding ability!

Comment

Indeed! Reportedly, Rick takes a shower each and every day before sitting down in front of his computer.

Comment

Originally posted by Craig Maier
          Indeed! Reportedly, Rick takes a shower each and every day before sitting down in front of his computer.

Good one!
          BD

Comment

Thanks for the update. I got waylayed for a couple weeks & just installed Vista Ultra 64-bit and DC-7. I'm still configuring things, but it appears to work just fine. --Mikie

Comment

Quick update. After using Vista x64 for a couple weeks & tweaking various things I really like it. For my purposes it is fast and stable. Best of all, I've processed a few albums and I can report with confidence that DC7 runs under Vista x64 without issue.

Interestingly enough, the only compatability issue I ran into was between my free registry defragmenter (Auslogic) and DC7. It took a while to figure-out, but the registry defragmenter was removing my DC7 registration info (I probably re-registered 10 times )

Mikie

Comment

Something that removes stuff from the registry is not too good and potentially dangerous to your computers health!

Comment

I've never been very happy with any registry defragger because they don't exactly know what's legitimate and what isn't. I've tried several of them. It would be a lot nice if Windows had a tool that listed everything and what it is used for, so that you could do it yourself rather than rely on programmers to write code to do something like this.
                  Dan
                  Dan McDonald

Comment

DC7.5 crashing on Vista x64 Ultimate

I first installed DC7.5 on my Vista x64 Ultimate PC just before Xmas 2009. The first couple of weeks I had absolutely no problems and enjoyed great performance. But today, DC7.5 started to crash every time I click on the play button with a WAV file open . The error message in my Application Event log is:

Faulting application DC7.exe, version 7.0.15.0, time stamp 0x48a88b5b, faulting module DC7.exe, version 7.0.15.0, time stamp 0x48a88b5b, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x00048cfc, process id 0x23c8, application start time 0x01ca89ce0d4b08f0.

Since DC7.15 was installed, I installed a Visual SourceSafe 2005 service pack, an Adobe Flash update and some definition updates for Windows Defender.

I tried repairing DC 7 via the MSI menu option, but it didn't fix the crash.

But there is a fix! Go to Edit->Preferences->Sound Card and check the Re-initialize on Play checkbox and click OK.
                    Last edited by Carl Kelley; 12-31-2009, 12:13 PM. Reason: I found a fix!

Comment

Hi,

If you restore the system to a time before you installed those two new programs, does 7.5 work again? There must be something going on as an interaction between DC7.5 and one of those. We have not received any other such similar reports.

Craig

Comment

Working...
                      X