Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIAA Presets wit Flat Preamp

Hello,

I just received the CTP-2000 flat preamp. It is awesome! However, I have some questions regarding the RIAA presets. I am using DC-7 and there is a "Flat Preamp Hardware playing RIAA Vinyl LP's" preset in the Phono Preamp menu. You also have a "RIAA phono equalization curve" preset in the 20-Band Paragraphic Eq. Isn't this redundant? Is one better than the other? Should I be using one or both of these presets? When using the Multi-Filter, where on the chain would they best be placed?

Thanks,
    Keith
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 05-23-2019, 02:43 PM.

Just use the VPA. The other one is older and the VPA one is more exact.

Some people put it first in the multifilter and some people put it after de-clicking. There are arguments in both directions. Just experiment and see what you like.

Dan
    Dan McDonald

Comment

Thanks Dan.
      I used the VPA first in the multifilter with no problems.

Keith

Comment

I tend to use it first also. I like the idea of de-clicking first, but I tend to get too aggressive, and it's hard to tell unless things sound normal.

Dan
        Dan McDonald

Comment

Confused!

HI!
          I have also bought a CTP-2000 flat preamp and am a bit confused about how to use it.
          As far as I have understood I connect the turnable into the ctp-2000 and then into the soundcard on the pc. The recording is done using 44.1 kHZ/16 bit, I think. The recorded signal is then of course flat. BUT what's next?
          If this is a 78 rpm record I have learned to first record it in stereo, then run the expert inpulse filter or the EZ impulse filter (that I prefer). Then convert to mono, then hipass filter - median filter - cnf - low pass - grap. eq ("high defenition" preset)- virt. valve. But where in the chain should I do the compenasation for the signals that I lost during the flat pre-amp recording stage and how to do it? Hope to hear from someone! All kinds of comments and suggestions are very welcome! Best regards Jan from Norway

Comment

Originally posted by Jan Myren
            HI!
            I have also bought a CTP-2000 flat preamp and am a bit confused about how to use it.
            Jan here's a link that describes the process in a lot of detail:

http://www.tracertek.com/ccp0-display/newway.html

Hope it helps.

Brian

Comment

Working...
            X