can't open mp3's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can't open mp3's

I encountered this problem with the first version of DC7...installed from the cd: It wouldn't open and convert any mp3 to wav. I've upgraded to 7.11 now. Yesterday I had occasion to open several mp3's in prep for cd burning. It opened and converted two...the third it would not, displaying an error box, as did the original DC7 build.

I still have DC6 on my pc and, as before, it opened and converted the same mp3 that 7.11 wouldn't. I also have a well known freeware converter app on my pc and it also still converts mp3 to wav just fine.

My OS is XP Home with SP2.

BTW, having the smoothing check box on 7.11 CNF is great. Now I don't need to use the DC6 CNF anymore. Smoothing removes too much bottom end where music is concerned as opposed to speech only. Coupling that with Artifact Suppression and the results are amazing, especially from good condition vinyl.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 08-19-2019, 06:36 PM.
    Danny Gilbert

Hi Danny,

Could you send Rick and/or I a copy of one of these mp3s? I am at:

Craig@diamondcut.com

Rick is at

Rickc@diamondcut.com

Thanks,

Craig
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Will do, and thanks!
      Danny Gilbert

Comment

Danny,

Does closing the program and then re-opening it allow the mp3 to convert (at least once)?

Comment

Danny,

We found something anamolous in the program and fixed it, but we do not know if it fixes the problem that you are seeing. Please send us a file to test. We will delete it from our hard drive(s) after our tests, so there is no reason to worry about copyright problems, etc.

Craig

Comment

Well now I can't get 7.11 to duplicate the error. I went so far as to close DC7, then copied the suspicious files to the desktop where there were no pkf's already present, then shutting down the pc (not restart) and after startup 7.11 opened them perfectly. I don't know.

If the problem crops up again I'll let you know and thanks!
            Last edited by quartet87; 06-10-2008, 06:37 PM.
            Danny Gilbert

Comment

What a hoot! Well, we found something and fixed it, but just do not know if it is what you were seeing. We will leave the fix in there for the next release just in case - - -

- - - couldn't hoit!

Comment

Well Saturday it happened again.

The first mp3 opened successfully...the next one nada, neither for the third one.
                The file that DC7 opened has a 320 sample rate, and so does the second file that wouldn't open. What is produced by each failure is a blank 10KB wav file without a matching pkf.

DC6 opened all of them fine.
                Danny Gilbert

Comment

Hi,

Does closing the program and then re-opening it allow the mp3 to convert (at least once)?

Also -

Can you send me a copy of a file that does not open?

My email is:

craig@diamondcut.com

Comment

Craig/Danny:

I've had this happen to me on very rare occasion. I've found that once DC7 runs into an error with a particular Mp3, it continues to operate that way until you shut down the program.....meaning file 1 may have been the root cause of the error, but file 2, 3 and so on fail to open as well. If you shut down DC7, then files 2 and 3 open fine.

At least in my case the files that caused the issue had corrupt header information within the file. After that was corrected, the problem didn't happen again.

Hope any of this information helps...

Comment

I haven't tried closing DC7 then launching it again and then re-tried opening the failed files.

Thanks, Craig, I'll send you one of the files in question as soon as I can.
                      Danny Gilbert

Comment

An mp3 bug has been fixed

Hi Danny,

An mp3 bug has been fixed. I am not sure if it is the same one that you are seeing, but it likely is. Please check out the following thread:

http://www.diamondcut.com/vforum/showthread.php?t=3507

Craig

Comment

Working...
                        X