DC Live Forensics 7.11 Application Failure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DC Live Forensics 7.11 Application Failure

I've upgraded my hardware, now running an Intel Duo Core 3.0 CPU, 4 gigs of RAM, XP PRO w/SP2. For now, using an X-Fi soundcard for playback only & an external USB card for recording. DC7 records, but will not playback using any of the options for doing so-tool bar, right-click mouse, or spacebar.
    Instead, DC7 "has to shut down" with an option to send a technical error report to Microsoft. The recordings seem ok, running normally on other software.

Should I Re-Install?
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 05-23-2019, 03:08 PM.
    "You earthlings are all fools, fools, fools, do you hear me ..." Plan 9 From Outer Space

Hi,

Are either of the soundcards new?
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Hi Craig,

The X-Fi (playback) card is new, I installed it & the drivers & pointed it toward DC7 for playback under preferences. I may have a faulty card because my music creation software, Ableton Live, is also not behaving.
      I'll replace it tomorrow and let you know how it goes.

Thanks,

Ted
      "You earthlings are all fools, fools, fools, do you hear me ..." Plan 9 From Outer Space

Comment

Hi -

You might want to change the drivers in DC7. If they are set for WDM, switch them to MME or visa versa. This will help to narrow down the problem. The Soundcard drivers are in the DC7 preferences menu. Let us know if that changes the situation.

Comment

Lord Theo.....

I don't know if this will help you narrow down your problem; but I have a X-FI sound card in one of my computers and it behaves properly with DC7 (using WDM).

hope this tidbit helps...

GB

Comment

Hi Craig,

I believe the card is at fault, am returning it. DC7 & Ableton work just fine with onboard sound; also works when I swapped it for an old Audigy card.
            Thanks to all for your help!

Ted

Comment

Hi Ted,

It is possible that it is just a soundcard driver problem with your new soundcard. Before returning the soundcard, it might be worth the effort to download the latest drivers from the company's website that made the card and see if that fixes the problem. Often, that does the trick.

Craig

Comment

Hi Craig,

The drivers for the card are(were) the latest ones - I bought a lemon, it will be replaced.

Thanks,

Ted

Comment

Hi Ted,

Yeah, that can occasionally occur. Let us know how you make out with your new one.

Craig

Comment

Hi Craig,

Installed a new X-Fi card which is working just fine

Ted

Comment

Ted,

All is well that ends well. Glad to hear the good news!

Craig

Comment

Working...
                      X