CD Ripper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CD Ripper

I am in the process of building a Music Media File, using the "CD Ripper".

I have set up Drive "F:\My Music Library3"; I only want "Artist/Name/Duration/Time" columns in that order, with the respective Data under the correct column. I know I can re-arrange the colums by clicking, and moving them.

I have tried all of the settings for ripping CD's, and all of the data is listed under the "Name Column"; how do I get the data to appear under the correct column.

Also, even though I know I need to retain the .pkf file, how do I set up my library, so that only the .wav file is visible in the Library?

When the "DBM2000" cataloging software has the capability to set up "Song Lists" & "Click & Play", (which should be finished in approx. 4 weeks), I plan to transfer this Library over to the "DBM2000" database; after which, I will begin ripping CD's directly to the "DBM' Database.

Does anybody have any suggestions

I don't know how you got all of the info in the name field, unless you setup the ripper to put it there.

It sounds like what you want is just the song name in the name field, so that under the "CD Rip Options", "Track Naming" Field you only have

<Title>
    or
    <Track> <Title>
    if you want the track number first.

The program takes the Artist and Album fields from what is typed in to those field in the ripper to put it in the database.

You can turn off columns by right clicking on them and unchecking them.
    Rick

Comment

Rick,

I tried what you said, and I couldn't get it to work.

I sent the following to Rick at Tracer, because I haven't had any luck trying to include attachments on the Forum.

"I posted a thread, on the Forum, under “CD Ripper”; I have created Folders on my Drive “F” for “My Music Library1”, “My Music Library2” & “My Music Library 3”.

I am just building my Library now, and Brian Harrell has helped me transfer “My Music Library1” to the DBM-2000 Database; I think I might have lost some items that would be in “Library2”. When he finishes the Database to the point where I can build “Song Lists” & “Click and Play”, I plan to transfer “Library 2” to the Database, and allow duplicate items to be listed, so I can go through the Database and “Delete” the items that may contain errors, or those that have not been processed, etc.

I am presently developing “Library3” to include items that were not Ripped to “Libraries1&2”; I plan to transfer this “Database” to DBM-2000, after I have finished cleaning up “Database1”.

I am attaching screen shots of my Preferences/set-up (?); and, I can’t get the Data to be listed under the correct columns. Can you see anything I am doing wrong?"

I haven't heard from Tracer yet, and I wonder if you have an Email, that would allow me to send my attachments. Right now, I am only adding new tracks to "Library3" (I am not using the DC7 Tunes Library). When Brian updates the DBM-2000 Database, to allow building "Song Lists", and "Click & Play", I am going to "Copy" my Library 3 to the DBM Datase, and delete all of my original Libraries.

No matter how I set-up the DC 7 "Rip CD Tracks" to my Media Center (Drive F), all of the data still falls under "Name"; I followed your suggestion, and I was able to get the only the Track Name under the "Name" column, but all of the other columns "Artist, Genre, Album Title", etc. would not fill (they remain blank).

Any suggestions?

Comment

Hi,

The system has no way to discern between Artist, Genre, Album & Title unless you set up your database to include those elements in the structure hierarchy via windows explorer. The need not be set up Artist, Genre, Album and Title per se, but they at least need to be established as distinct and separate hierarchal entities. Only then, can the DCTune Library separate the categories out for you with the descriptors that you want.

Did you do that, or are you working with a "flat" database with everything under "Name" in explorer?

So, I am not sure what is going on there. I did not see an attachment to look at here.

Curtis may be able to help via the telephone or at his email. His tel number is 1-717-764-9240 and his email is curtisc@tracertek.com.

Reiterating, I think that it all comes down to how you originally set up your database hierarchy and whether it is flat or deep.

Craig
        Last edited by Craig Maier; 08-19-2008, 09:04 AM.
        "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Working...
        X