Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Banned User Name Entered

Hi, Rick/Craig -

When I tried to re-install DC on my computer (that I just re-installed the O/S on - I do that pretty often on my machines, because I'm not happy about one thing or another), I received the following error message when I tried to do an automatic authentication (after entering my serial number):

An error was returned from the server. Please contact Diamond Cut productions and report the following error: <h1> Banned user name entered.</h1><p>Please contact Diamond Cut Productions.</p>IP address logged, Notification email sent. Registration halted.

And then I get buttons for Retry and Cancel.

I didn't know I was banned. Any help is appreciated. I've only been using DC products since version DC*Art 32 and have upgraded all along (DC4 - Millennium, DC5, DC6, and now DC7).
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 07-24-2019, 08:27 PM.
    John

Hi,

There is no reason that you should have been banned. It sounds like some sort of glitch or clerical error on our end. Please send me a private email with your serial number so that I can look up your reg code.

craig@diamondcut.com

Craig
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Hi, Craig -

Message sent.
      John

Comment

And FYI, DC Audio Mentor installed and authenticated just fine (with the same user name and email, but of course a different serial number.
        John

Comment

Yeah, - - - what may be going on is that there are "cracks" out there. We try to stay ahead of them to a certain degree by invalidating certain serial numbers. Since this is a manual process, we may have invalidated your serial number in error. I will check it out - - - and very sorry for the invonvenience.

Craig

Comment

Hi -

I did a manual registration which should have resulted in a valid reg code which was automatically emailed to you. Hopefully, it worked ok. I can not figure out what glitched on the system, however. Everything looked clean from my perspective, so who knows what happened.

Craig

Comment

Hi, Craig -

I just got back from my wedding anniversary trip, so was off the net for a few days.

I received the code, but it didn't work. That being said, what I had originally done, was to enter my serial number (which it liked), but then do the "automatic registrations", which it didn't like and which always worked in the past for a new re-install. It was just this time I started getting the errors I posted. I wasn't even thinking about entering the reg code manually. When I received the code you sent, I tried it (I entered my email address, then selected "register by Phone/email" and entered the code you sent. It didn't like it. So I went back to my original email (when I previously had a successful "automatic" registration) and this time selected the "register by phone/email" again and entered the original code I received. That worked for me and I seem to be okay now.

However, it still remains that the "automatic" method will not work for me as of now (I tried it again). I don't think it's a biggie, but just wanted to let you know. For now, I seem to be running okay, though.

It's weird that it started happening all of a sudden. And thanks for your help.
              John

Comment

Hmmm - What version where you working with? Is it possible that it is a bug in version 7.15 or were you working with an older version. What do you think?

Craig

Comment

Hi, Craig -

Just notice, it was 7.02 (from my CD) that I had installed. It meant to install 7.11, but must have hit the wrong EXE (I copy all my CD images to external USB and I keep all downloaded versions on my external USB hard drive, as well). I haven't applied the 7.11 patch yet, and I didn't see if the 7.15 Forensics version was available yet, but will upgrade to at least 7.11.

I'll let you know how that goes.

I didn't realize the registration was decimal point version specific.

And you saw my private email responses (and I yours - thank you).
                  John

Comment

I just installed 7.11 on top of 7.02 and all works well now (since I tried my original code, rather than doing the automatic registration).

As I said in my email, thanks again so much for your help. And I would publicly like to say that it is a pleasure to work with a company that takes such a personal interest in solving customer problems. A++ for that.
                    John

Comment

John,

Thanks for the kuddos. We try.

Anyway, you should really consider updating to 7.15 as it has some new features and some bug fixes over and above version 7.11.

Craig

Comment

Is 7.15 Forensics available now? Last I checked it was just the regular version. Thanks.
                        John

Comment

Hi -

Sorry, you are right. I was thinking of DC7 not Live / Forensics.

Craig

Comment

Working...
                          X