X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DC7, Version 7.15 is Released

Version 7.15 Release Date 8/20/08

Enhancements Since Ver 7.11:

Added new feature - "Merge Source markers into destination", which does what it says and takes any markers in the source window and adds them to the destination window. This only applies to classic edit mode.
    Changed sample rate/bit depth conversions so that they now save the markers.
    Speed up the Spectrogram drawing speed at least 2 or 3x
    Dramatically sped up the Spectrogram offset and gain features, it now is interactive, instead of the long delay in previous versions

Bug Fixes since Ver 7.11:

Fixed DC Playlist export feature, you can now export playlists to .CUE or .txt files for use in other programs.
    Fixed bug that would loose markers when doing file Save As.
    Fixed bug in Classic edit mode using save as to change bit depth.
    Fixed bug in Vista when setting record levels using the system volume control
    Fixed random MP3 open bug that would fail to open MP3 files sometimes.
    Fixed time axis offset problem when using Y axis labels in the spectrogram

To obtain this upgrade, just go to the Diamond Cut website located at www.diamondcut.com and download the demo version. Your previous registration will "stick".

Thanks!
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 02-24-2009, 06:58 PM.
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

I assume a similarly upgraded DC7 Live Forensics is on the way?

Comment

We are working on the next version of the Forensics version presently. Ultimately, we will be releasing this new and improved product. Those folks who were beta testers for version 7 can contact me at:

craig@diamondcut.com

We will send out some Alpha code to look at which will also include the bug fixes mentioned above.

Thanks,

Craig

Comment

Uh, I just went to the link for the demo and downloaded and installed it but when it opened up it said it was version 7.14. Did I get the wrong one or something?

Comment

Carol,

I think that you are right - - - we probably posted the wrong version. We just re-posted it so everyone should re-download it to be sure to get the latest version.

Sorry for the confusion.

Comment

I downloaded again and now it's 7.15. Thanks much.

Comment

Any word on 7.15 for the forensics version?
              John

Comment

The Forensics version has substantially diverged from the DC7 version because of New Product Development work. That means that it would be almost impossible to back-track its build at this point in time. But, the next version will include not only a plethora of new Forensics features, but also all of the bug fixes and enhancments found in DC7 v.7.15 too.

Comment

Updates?

In next version, are you saying DC8 or the next DC7 Forensic bug fix?
                  "I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it." Klaatu, The Day the Earth Stood Still (1951)

Comment

We do not know what we are going to call it (Live/Forensics v 7.5 or v 8.0) but it will not be a bug fix version. It will be a major new product release.

Comment

Is there going to be a beta testing phase? (the forensics version)
                      Dan McDonald

Comment

Yes - - - there will be a Beta Testing phase - - - not sure when it will begin - - - thinking that it shall commence in the next two months. We're still dealing with Alpha stage situations with it (meaning that it is incomplete and very buggy right now). Any volunteers?

Craig

Comment

Count me in. I have some forensics type things I could test it with.
                          Dan McDonald

Comment

Me too. Happy to help in any way I can.
                            Brian

Comment

Hi, Craig -

Not being a forensics person by trade, mostly a "get my albums and cassettes converted to digital" type person, I would still be honored to help beta test the new version. As you know, I'm happy to help with getting he documentation straight, as well as testing the features I do have some clue about.

In the meantime, is there a way for us to get the new features available in 7.15 (especially the markers transfer features, since I was one of the people who brought up that feature in the first place)? Maybe the forensics version license should allow use to also install the non-forensics version (the straight DC7 version), since it's actually a subset of forensics anyway. Just a thought.
                              John

Comment

Working...
                              X