incorrect playback of selection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• incorrect playback of selection

(version 7.15). I can't seem to reproduce it reliably, but often when I mark a section of a file, then hit the space bar to play it, the playback repeats after about 1 second, even if the selection is, say, 10 seconds long. The "locator" line moves across the selection as if playing that part of the selection, but the audio is simply a repeat of the first second or so of the selection.

I don't seem to have this problem if I use only the "play" icon rather than the space bar.
    Pete Tinker
    ptinker@acm.org

Maybe select the reinitialize on play feature in the soundcard preferences menu found under edit?? Not really sure though.
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

3 sec sound loop and zoom issues

Wanted to say I am also having a similar problem as well as one with zooming.

First problem is often while I am previewing the file I get this looping of 3 to 4 secs of music but the line keeps moving across the file. I first notice this happening with Re-Initialize selected. It did the same when it wasn't selected.

The other problem has to do with zooming in and out of a file while trying to manually declick. It works fine for a while and then all of a sudden I will hit zoom and it will zoom in way too far. It looks like the last selection gets stuck.
      When I select the entire side of an LP and hit zoom it zooms in. If I try to zoom in again it does nothing. If I zoom out again to where I was the previous selection is still selected.

I'm running Windows XP service pack 2, all updates, and E-MU 1212m sound card.
      I am currently trying to weed out possible causes.

Rich

Comment

Working...
      X