• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Control "I"

Control I willonly select Right chanel.

Past Interpolate selects both chanels ?

using DC 7 V 14
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 04-08-2019, 01:10 PM.

Originally posted by Walter
    Control I willonly select Right chanel.

Past Interpolate selects both chanels ?

using DC 7 V 14
    Hi Walter....

Did the "R" button on the tool bar accidently get ticked? It should go back to both channels if you tick the "LR" button on the tool bar...

Comment

Control "I "

I tried Shift " I " and the left chanel is seleted,
      I did not find this documented in help files.
      Useing Fast Edit or standard dose not change choises for Cntrl I.

Comment

The "I" key interpolates both channels in a highlighted area simultaneously.

"Shift I" interpolates the Left Channel only and "Control I" interpolates the Right Channel only (associated with a highlighted area of the file).

I just tested these functions on my machine, and everything seems to be ok. I tested it on Forensics v.7.11
        Last edited by Craig Maier; 09-09-2008, 07:12 PM.
        "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

I Key

I just tried the control I and it still only selects right chanel
          If I use paste interpolate both chanels are active.

Comment

Yes, control I will only interpolate one channel - - - the right channel. If you want to interpolate both channels at the same time, just use the I key by itself.

Comment

Originally posted by Craig Maier
              Yes, control I will only interpolate one channel - - - the right channel. If you want to interpolate both channels at the same time, just use the I key by itself.
              I have version 7.11 (Forensics) and on my system anyway.... The "I" key in conjunction with the 'shift' and 'control' keys do not behave as you have described.

Even if 'shift' or 'control' are depressed with the "I" key, both channels are affected....as if I were just using the "I" key alone. I can make the system behave properly if I do not use he keyboard short-cut and just tick the channel indicators in the tool bar.

This is not a hindrance at all to me in my work habits as I rarely use the short-cut keys.... I thought I would point out how it is working on my system, which is running under Windows XP SP3....

Comment

I am going to have to go back and double - check this feature. I could have made an error on the version that I tested it on and maybe a bug exists - - - stay tuned and sorry for any inconvenience.

Comment

I just re-checked this out on Live / Forensics version 7.11 and the system operated as prescribed. I tested it in both classic and fast edit modes and with MME and WDM drivers all of which worked as expected. So, I need more information to help me figure out what you guys are seeing. Also, is anyone else seeing this?

Comment

I just re-checked this out on Live / Forensics version 7.11 and the system operated as prescribed. I tested it in both classic and fast edit modes and with MME and WDM drivers all of which worked as expected. So, I need more information to help me figure out what you guys are seeing. Also, is anyone else seeing this?
                    Craig... The results I described may have been a fluke on my end. I just decided to try it out when I read the thread.

I performed a cold restart of my machine as a precaution and tried the 'control I' and 'shift I' operations as before.. Now, everything seems to operate as you discussed....

Go figure...

Comment

- - - maybe some sort of initialization problem??? Gotta see it first in order to take a stab at it.

Craig

Comment

- - - maybe some sort of initialization problem??? Gotta see it first in order to take a stab at it.

Craig
                        Yeah, I think that's probably it.... but since I rebooted my machine, I cannot duplicate the issue....

Comment

I Key

I think every thing is working right,I just did not understand that
                          the use of I key did not require Control and I for acting on both chanels.
                          is this documented in help files?

Comment

Alternative Manual Interpolation Hotkeys

Diamond Cut has two alternative hotkeys for single channel manual interpolation which are:

"J" - Interpolates Left Channel Only

"K" - Interpolates Right Channel Only

(and, just for completeness, use the "I" Key to interpolate both channels)

ps - I am not sure where this is in the help file, but I see some of this described in the users guide under "Hot Key Index" starting on page 417. Maybe do a search in the helpfile and it will be there, but I am not sure.
                            Last edited by Craig Maier; 09-11-2008, 10:58 AM.

Comment

I just checked out the index in the Hepfile and found some information under the following:

Manual De-Clicking with Paste Interpolate (Tutorial)

&

Hot Key Index

There may be others, but those should be useful.

Craig

keywords: Manual Interpolation, manual interpolate, manual de-clicking, manual impulse removal, manual de-ticking, paste interpolate, paste interpolation
                              Last edited by Craig Maier; 09-19-2008, 08:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X