Need help: Paste insert problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help: Paste insert problem

Whenever I do a paste insert, it shows up in the beginning of the song rather than at the point where my marker is at. How do I insert a copied portion just a one point rather than at the beginning of the song?

I see an insert at start option, but that's not what I'm doing.

Highlight the area where you want the material to be inserted (the beginning of where you want it to go.

It inserts at the beginning of the highlighted portion.

I don't think it matters how long the highlighted portion is - it just sticks the material in at the beginning and moves everything else over.

Dan
    Dan McDonald

Comment

Thanks Dan. I'll give that a try.

I just wonder that perhaps for future versions, it should be made so that you just insert right at the point where a marker is placed or where you click. Oh well...

Thanks again.

Comment

Hey FG -

If you place a marker, you can have that be the highlighted place by double clicking at a spot after the marker. It will then highlight up to the next marker or through the end of the file.

I think the problem with putting it where you click is an accuracy issue. At least for me, I want to play something several times to hear exactly where it's going to be place before I place it, so the highlighting works well. I guess you can get the same thing with "play from here" and a right click, though, but if you find the spot, you have to be careful you don't accidentally move the mouse before you click paste insert. But there's a place on here for suggestions, so if you want that to change, you can always suggest that to Craig and Rick. I think it's at the top of one of the forums.

Dan
        Dan McDonald

Comment

Working...
        X