DC7 problems...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DC7 problems...

Hey all! I've got a couple of strange problems with DC7. (I have version 7.15)

1. When I open up the "Split/Recombine" feature, the buttons on the right side of Source Stereo File, Left Channel File & Right Channel File locations are missing. They still work as if they were there, but there are no buttons as were in the previous versions.

2. The other problem I am having just started, as it was working fine prior to later this afternoon. That is the "Reverse File" feature. I try to reverse a mono file I just created, but the destination file sounds like dirty "Pink Noise" while the display looks to be maxxed out. As I said, it was working fine prior to this afternoon.

I have tried removing all of the PKF & SES files as well as the saved clipped ends of other files, and then rebuilt the PKF for that mono file, but I'm still getting the same results. So far, all of my other DC7 functions are still working properly, but I haven't checked many of them. I do have Team Viewer on the computer if someone needs to see what's going on...

I am using a PIII - 1 Gig computer with 500+ Meg of RAM using Windows XP Media Center Edition.

I am not sure what is going on there, but something seems to be corrupted. So, I would unistall it and then re-download the 7.15 demo version from the website and see what happens then. Your regsitration should "stick".
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Craig - I un & re-installed DC7 (no problems with the registration by the way) but it didn't correct either of the problems. (???)

However, I did a minor modification of the 24/96 mono WAV file and cleared up the second problem. What I had done before that I believe caused the problem was I trimmed the beginning and the end of the file with the basic cut feature. To correct the problem, I placed markers very near the beginning and the end of the problem file, Quantized the markers & then re-trimmed them. It worked. I seem to remember a similar problem I had with that using DC5 or 6 several years ago.

Comment

Working...
      X