Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DC7 on the Air

Group,

I had a chance to record some of my Edison 2 Minute records, clean them up with Diamond Cut Software, and then play them on a local radio station last Sunday.

The regular DJ, who plays 78 Records on his show, said how nice the cleaned up records sounded.

I also had a chance to play some of my 4 Minute records live in the studio with my Amberola player.

Check out www.route78west.com for playlist 1/25/09.

Regards,
    Marc
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 05-23-2019, 04:06 PM.

Hi Marc,

Looks like your Amberola player is a model 30. I have one, but everytime the cylinder rotates 1 revolution, it makes a metallic "clicking" sound that I can not trace. Does yours do that or have you ever heard that sound?

Craig

ps - I tried to listen to the mp3 of the show but I received an error message. I plan to try again later.
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Thanks for sharing the link Marc - it worked on my computer. I'm not the biggest fan of bluegrass but it was a very high class program with interesting info.
      Brian

Comment

Amberola Click

Craig,

My Edison player is "quiet as a church mouse".
        I have had trouble with the housing that covers the flyball governor though. It can touch the balls when they "fly out" and make a mechanical noise. When it happens, I just loosen the housing screws some , move the cover, and then re-tighten.

Marc

Comment

Wrong Date

Brian,

Thanks for the kind words about the program. By the way, when asked about the date for Edison's Phonograph I said 1877. My mistake, it was 1878.

Marc

Comment

Marc,

You were right the first time - - - it was 1877 at his Menlo Park, NJ Laboratory.

Craig

keywords: Date of Phonograph Invention, Date Phonograph was Invented, Phonograph Invention Date
            "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Working...
            X