Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forensics Audio Training Seminar Highlighting v. 7.5

New Audio Forensics Training Scheduled

Live / Forensics Audio Laboratory, Version 7.5 adds so many new features and enhancements to DC LIVE/Forensics, now is a good time to host a training that will cover them and that's just what we intend to do. With this training, we return to the Washington/Baltimore area with the training being held at the Sheraton in Columbia, MD on March 17-19th.. This area is well served by three major airports.

For new attendees, this is a great course on Audio Forensics, DC LIVE, and audio in general. It's a must see for anyone who deals with audio for a living. If you've been to one of our trainings in the past, this one will feature all new material on DC LIVE 7.5 plus a great refresher on Audio Forensics and audio in general. We have attendees from federal government, local law enforcement and many private citizens. We even have attendees who have made the decision to make Audio Forensics their career and find that there is nothing better than rubbing elbows and making contacts with the real pros who do this sort of thing every day.

Cost of the training course is $899 and discounts are available with purchase of DC Live/Forensics. Click Here To Order and Schedule the March Training.

http://srv.ezinedirector.net/?n=2663009&s=62416888
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 05-23-2019, 06:06 PM.
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Training Forum

I'd just like to say that I've been to several of the training forums and I have always come home with a list of ten tips, shortcuts, and enhancements that have made DC Live more valuable to me in my work. And this one will be no exceptiion, I'm sure, with the addition of some new powerful forensic tools in 7.5

I highly recomend attending if you can.

Audio Yoda

Comment

Audio Training Seminar Review

As expected, the Columbia, MD DC Live 7.5 training session was very informative and enlightening. This newest version of DC Live is truly another generation of tools for the forensics expert as well as audiophile.

The group consisted of law enforcement and audio professionals from Canada, Mexico, and various U.S. Government agencies, as well as private users of the product.

The results were truly amazing, and files downloaded from the internet, as well as those brought to the seminar by the participants were enhanced impressively, and even served as examples of how the various features of the program work.

A great software package, well-written manual, and very instructive training session.

My congratulations, as always.

Audio Yoda

Comment

Thanks Audio Yoda; we really do appreciate the kudos!

Craig

Comment

Class ?

Craig and Others

With regard to the forensics, is there a separate forum for users ?

Also, any idea when/where the next class is ?

Regards,
          Marc

Comment

Hi Marc,

Right now, there is not separate forum for Forensics users, but we are considering setting it up. It may require some vetting to become a member of such a forum for obvious reasons - - - we think that using a vetting process will encourage its use by those involved in law enforcement and security type work.

Any suggestions about such a forum are welcome.

As for the next class, it has not as yet been scheduled. Stay tuned here and we shall publicize it when it is set up.

Comment

Forum Members

Craig,

With regard to the forensics forum, I would suggest that people who are curious about the forensics and not let members of the law enforcement community should be in the forum.

Marc

Comment

Hmmm - - - interesting take on it. The Forensics software is mostly used by people in government agencies, military and police and those folks involved in the same sorts of things in the private sector.

I think these folks are generally not willing to post on an open forum like this one for obviousl reasons.

So, I guess you are suggesting two Forensics forums?

Craig

Comment

Since I use the forensics tools just as something that comes in handy sometimes because of odd recordings or whatever, I like it as it is. I think that maybe a 'top secret' forum for law enforcement people would be fine, but I doubt they'd participate that much, because of the possibilities of people breaking into the forum in various ways, no matter how secret or hidden it is.

Dan
                  Dan McDonald

Comment

Dan,

You are probably correct. My experience with the government folks is that they are very sensitive to security concerning anything that they do. When they ask questions (which is rare - - - part of their culture, I suppose), it is directly via the phone and not the internet. And, when we train say, the FBI, they will not allow anyone else into the training (not even the CIA or the DOD). Interesting.

Craig
                    Last edited by Craig Maier; 03-29-2009, 05:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Craig Maier
                      My experience with the government folks is that they are very sensitive to security concerning anything that they do.
                      A similar consideration is one of "discoverability". If defense attorneys find out forensic experts, particularly the one being used in their case, are participating in your forum they will subpoena anything form one post to the entire forum archive. Unfortunately this is also becoming the norm with corporations, particularly those involved in health/medical research/products. My wife works for a company that sells to forensic types and is trying to set up a forum for sharing ideas. One of their big concerns is how to protect themselves and their customers from having everything they say to each other "in private" becoming very very public. So far the "legal weasels" (oops, I mean beagles) haven't come up with a solution. It gets even more complicated when you also factor in the Sarbains-Oxley public disclosure rules and any ongoing corporate "document retention" policies.

The bottom line probably is "everything is discoverable".

Brian
                      Last edited by Brian; 03-29-2009, 12:35 PM.

Comment

Right.. and then if someone asks a question on the forulm about a particular procedure, it could suggest that the expert didn't know what they were doing, even if it was an intelligent question. Or... having the beta test forums used as evidence and then getting Craig or Rick to testify as to whether or not there could till be bugs in the software!
                        Dan McDonald

Comment

Use The Forum

Well,

You can let the legal stuff make you so paranoid that it takes control of your happyness.

I feel that many people in the forensics business could post a question in a general enough manner that the work that they are doing wouldn't be compromised.

By the way, I am a big user of forums for my hobbies and work. The collective wisdom is a wonderful tool when used.
                          In an antiques forum years ago, I asked about sound restoration and the Diamond Cut software was described, hence, I'm here today.

If the forensics people don't use a forum, it's their loss. The questions can easily be asked with no "legal" problems.
                          Just my opinion.

Regards,
                          Marc

Comment

Marc,

It is my observation that a lot of the forensics folks use this forum as a reference, but they just do not generally post here especially if they work for the government. As a matter of fact, I have spoken to a number of forensics experts in the government sector who do use the forum routinely, but would never post here.

That is their perogative; they understand the rules and risks better than we do, so I would feel uncomfortable questioning them on it.

On the other hand, some Forensics folks have indicted that they would participate in a private Diamond Cut Forensics forum so long as it was not open to the general public. They want some sort of vetting process to be in place to assure that those having access to the board have demonstrated proof that they belong within that venue.

Did you know that we need to go through a routine security clearance process to merely attend their yearly tradeshow (NATIA)?

Craig
                            Last edited by Craig Maier; 04-06-2009, 11:13 AM.

Comment

Craig,

With regard to your comments....Yes indeed, I can understand the security angle all to well. I just think that you can't let the "stuff" get in the way of living your life and having fun.

By the way, I had a "Secret" government clearance at one time when I was working on inertial guidance systems. The secret clearance was a pretty big deal/cost at the time and made a lot of sense for my job then.

It still seems that the general discussion of techniques could be done in a public forum.

Regards,
                              Marc

Comment

Working...
                              X