Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EZ Enhancer Bug ?

Group,

Lately, I have been using the EZ Enhancer quite a bit. It's great for adding "zing" to acoustical recordings and others that are flat.

Like all the tools, you can over do them, but it sure is fun.

I have seen a number of times that after I use the effect, a little noise burst is added to the front of the file after I have used the tool.

My routine is to run the preview on the source , tweek, press cancel, and then run.
    Then, I use "make destination the source" and about half the time, a small noise burst is added to the front of the new source.

Bug ?

Regards,
    Marc
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 05-23-2019, 05:10 PM.

Hi,

If it is putting a 1 sample impulse at the very beginning of the file, that is a bug - - - we know about it. The workaround for now is to just go back and mute the beginning section of the file before the music starts but all the way back to the start.

Craig

ps - this has already been fixed in v. 7.5
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

7.15/7.5 ?

Craig,

I had thought that DC7 was at 7.15 and the extra Forensics version was the one at 7.5 ?

My version is the one that's an upgrade from the DC6 and it was around $99 ?

By the way, the noise burst is in the neighborhood of 1 sec. It's easy to cut it out.....but I thought that if I found a bug I could get a free hat or shirt from Diamond Cut !

Regards,
      Marc

Comment

Hi,

DC7 is at 7.15 right now. I have not witnessed what you are describing. I am aware of a single sample pulse that used to occur prior to the new Live/Forensics Audio Laboratory, v. 7.5. It would occur in the EZ Enhancer and also the VVA.

Never seen anything other than that. Has anyone else seen a long noise burst when using the EZ Enhancer?

Please advise,

Craig

ps - since we are in the software business, we give our Virtual Hats whenever somebody finds a bug. You received it, right?

Last edited by Craig Maier; 03-20-2009, 11:10 AM.

Comment

Ah.....so that was what I got. Visual Virtual Hat !

Marc

Comment

Yeah, that was it. Enjoy the VVH! People will really take note when they see ya with it.

Craig

Comment

Working...
            X