Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using DC7 "real-time" for direct playback of 78's

HI!

I would like to see if the DC7 can work like a "real-time" noise reduction unit connected into my regular stereo set-up when playing my 78's.
    I have found that it should work in the manual, but don't manage to get the processed signal out of the speakers, just the original unprocessed signal. What have I done wrong or missed out? Any idea? My goal is to check out DC7 as a de-crackler and de-hisser "real-time" when listening to my 78's.
    Best regards
    Jan Myren
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 05-23-2019, 06:10 PM.

Hi,

People use Diamond Cut for real time restoration all the time in the broadcast world and in real time surveilance situations.

The most common problem is an improper sound card set-up. You need a full duplex soundcard to do it and you need to set up the soundcard mixer properly to achieve real-time feedthrough results.

Since there are a zillion soundcards out there, it is hard for me to say how your specific card needs to be set up to do this. But, look at its mixer panel and it may become obvious to you. If you purchased the soundcard from Tracer, I am certain that they will know how to set up its control panel for this mode of operation.

Craig
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 03-23-2009, 08:50 PM.
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Working...
    X