Make Waves question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Make Waves question

This may be a simple question, but being as there are no presets on the Make Waves feature, I'm not sure if the Pink Noise I am making is correct...

I have the Sample Rate set at 48 kHz and the Resolution at 24 Bits. But it's the frequency setting for creating the initial White Noise that I'm not sure about. I believe the default setting was 1000 Hz, and that is the setting I have been using. I followed that by using the Multi-Filter preset "White to Pink Noise Converter, 20 kHz".

I couldn't find anything in the manual suggesting the proper frequency for the creation of White Noise to be converted to Pink Noise.

In the past I had been using Pink Noise recorded on the "Denon Audio Technical CD" and the "Stereophile Test CD" for use in my CD players, but needed to make one myself for use in my DVD-A player. I also wasn't sure how accurate the Pink Noise was on these older commercial CD's...

Thanks in advance for the help!
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 05-23-2019, 06:09 PM.

The frequency control does not come into play when generating white noise. White noise is defined as equal engergy per unit frequency across the spectrum. The converter that you are using says 20 KHz because it bandstops its response at 20 KHz.

So, in short, you are doing things correctly.
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Thanks Craig. I was kind of assuming that.

I guess what threw me off was the Make Waves feature still allowing the selection of any frequency at all when using the White Noise mode, instead of "graying out" such as the Stop Frequency does when the Linear Sweep is not selected. (Visual Foolery!)

Comment

Yeah, I guess you could call that a low level bug. Will look into greying those freqs out in that mode.
        "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Working...
        X