DC7 running on Ubuntu/Linux?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DC7 running on Ubuntu/Linux?

Has anyone had success with this? I see that others have run DC7 with emulators under Mac OS. I've installed Crossover for Linux and it installs and runs the help file and user manual just fine, but won't fire up the DC7 program.

I'm also interested in hearing if anyone has had any success with this. My CD recorder started dying some time ago, and I just this week got a refurbished computer to take its place. Based on my very bad experience with Windows viruses back in December I plan to run Ubuntu on it (I've already got 9.04 ready to install).

My immediate goal is to use it to record, then move the files to my XP box to process with DC 7, but I will be a very happy camper when I don't have to run Windows anymore.

Comment

Linux audio programs

It was recommended to me to record with xxxx then to process/clean with yyyy. Not being a Linux guru, it seems that I read that you will need to partition your drive and set up a separate partition that can be read by Windows and Linux. I have Ubuntu set up as a dual boot scenario with DC7 on the Windows side of the machine. I'll install the Linux programs on the other and see how they compare. I sure do wish someone would figure out how to get DC7 running in Linux.

Craig.....help!
      Last edited by Craig Maier; 06-20-2009, 12:54 PM.

Comment

Quoting rhaley:

"Craig.....help!"

----------------------------------------------------------------------

It's completely a business decision based on Return On Investment (ROI). Since roughly 90 % of the personal computers out there run Microsoft Windows, it is difficult for us to decide to re-write the softwre to address Linux, Mac, etc. If we had infinite resources at zero cost, then we would do it, but that is not how things work. Diamond Cut, first and foremost, must survive in a tough business environment, so use of financial and human resources must be prudent.

Craig
        Last edited by Craig Maier; 06-21-2009, 10:14 AM.
        "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Working...
        X