• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No CD Recorder Found

This is a dvd and cd recorder
    Nero will record to it, another audio program dose not find it
    I installed Magix MP# 15 and removed it
    dvd will burn ok.
    I rember some one else having simular problem and it was traced to Roxio sezing recorders

any sugestions will be apreciated.
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 06-17-2019, 12:01 PM.

I had a problem similar to this -- after I installed Nero (it came with a new DVD drive) I lost the ability to burn CDs with any other program. I forget where I found the answer -- I'm on a couple BBs -- but I was able to solve it by opening Nero StartSmart, then click on Advanced tasks, select the Extras Tab, Scroll over and look for an option to Configure Burn Rights. Give everyone burn rights and then reboot. Anyway, that worked for me -- good luck!

Comment

NERO Burn rights

Thanks for reply.

All have burn rights,I can Rip files but when trying to record a message pops up saying no recorder found please select but none are listed in selection window.

Comment

I can't burn cd's either as my optical drives aren't recognized by DC 7.5. The CD Burner box is blank, & not able to get into burn options to check the configuration. In my case it's not this particular Nero issue as Nero is already set for all users to have burn rights.
        "You earthlings are all fools, fools, fools, do you hear me ..." Plan 9 From Outer Space

Comment

Oooops! Cd-prep

Quantize, Chop Files, Find & Mark Silent Passages, Gain Normalize, & Normalized Gain Scaling all have disappeared from the CD-Prep drop-down.
          Non-operative Burn a CD & Burn a Data Disc remain.

Tried rolling back my PC to an earlier time today when CD-Prep worked, to no avail. Then tried a repair reinstall. When that didn't work, uninstalled & reinstalled including registry settings, that didn't work either. I'm totally puzzled by this.
          "You earthlings are all fools, fools, fools, do you hear me ..." Plan 9 From Outer Space

Comment

Quoting Lord Theo:

"Quantize, Chop Files, Find & Mark Silent Passages, Gain Normalize, & Normalized Gain Scaling all have disappeared from the CD-Prep drop-down."

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I can think of two possibilities that can cause this.

1. No file is open. The editing functions need to see a file before they will open, unlike the filter functions (because filter functions can be run in real time and editing functions can not).

2. In the "View" menu, one (or some) of the toolbar(s) are not checked.

Craig
            "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

No CD recorders found

None of my audio software will find CD recorders
              All software lists DVD recorder (Same as CD recorder)
              MS sugests removing their CD burning sofyware if 3rd party software installed
              USLES ADVISE
              Diskwelder will only recorde toDVD it works
              This must be conflict with other programs.

Comment

this used to happen to me (the disappearing cd burners) every so often. Sometimes they would come back with a restart, and sometimes they'd just appear. When I moved to an external Sony USB burner about 18 months ago, all the problems went away. It's the only one I use now.

Dan
                Dan McDonald

Comment

I've Been Hosed

Hi Craig,
                  I have access only to the desktop, explorer, and mydocs. All applications, including DC7.5, no longer open from the desktop or the start menu & any remaining services are running very slowly, so I won't be able to confirm the toolbars' status for now....looks like I'll be doing an OS reinstall.

Comment

Quoting Lord Theo:

" . . . looks like I'll be doing an OS reinstall."

------------------------------------------------------------------------

That is a very unpleasant thought. I have been there (maybe most of us have been there)! Make sure that you do not loose your files.

Craig
                    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Theo
                      All applications, including DC7.5, no longer open from the desktop or the start menu & any remaining services are running very slowly
                      Have you recently upgraded or changed your anti-virus program in any way?

Brian

Comment

Hi Brian,
                        Using the same AV for 3 years with auto-update, getting a lot of virus alerts lately. Most recently, I added video capture software nine months ago. I've got a virus or a corrupt registry, doesn't matter which. I'm backing up data, then reformatting & shredding the hard drive today, hopefully online by tomorrow.

Comment

The reason I asked is when I updated Norton AV it corrupted all the extentions for shortcuts and .exe files so nothing would start. I reset those .xxx extentions and everything worked.

Norton 2009 works fine if it is a virgin installation - which is the only way the reviewers at PC Magazine etc. ever test it. However, if you change from another AV or upgrade from Norton 2008 to 2009 look out. I was hoping I might be able to save you some hassle but apparently not.

Hope your re-install goes smoothly.

Brian

Comment

Working...
                          X