echo/double sounds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• echo/double sounds

Using DC7 Multi filter, Live Preview, I am getting feedback such that it sounds like the a couple of seconds after. Previewing the results, however, the ghost sounds are gone.

Any ideas would be appreciated.
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 04-06-2019, 06:18 PM.

Hi,

It proably means that your sound card control panel has an output mix control (sometimes called Monitor) not set to zero. Thus, your sound card is feeding through the original signal plus the processed one producing an echo effect. Check that out.

Craig
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Have a Julia card and all sliders are set to 0db.

Comment

Hi -

I am not familiar with that soundcard specifically. But, that is where your problem lies - - - something with the soundcard setup panel. The objective in Live Mode in Diamond Cut is to only hear the output signal and not the input signal. If you hear both, that is the echo due to processing latency. I would try lowering each of the controls one at a time and see if that stops the echo. Also, (on my soundcard) there is an advanced settings tab which expands the controllability of the soundcard. I think that is where the soundcard mixer functions exist. I do not see that on your screenshot, but maybe it is found under "config".

Craig

Comment

thanks, for the response. Here is a shot of the config.

Comment

Hi again - - -

hmmm - - - that does not look like it helps us. I guess that I can not say how to separate the input channel from the output channel on that particular soundcard. Is it possible that it does not provide that feature? I know that folks use the Diamond Cut software in Live mode all the time without having to deal with echo sounds. But, of course, that is a general statement and I can not nail it down since "sound card" is a variable.

Perhaps Julie@ can help figure out how to isolate the input from the output signal when operating it in "full-duplex" mode.

Hmmm - - - is it possible that this soundcard does not support "full duplex" operation? I wonder.

Did you try using your computers native soundcard chipset to do this? That could be an interesting experiment.

Craig

Comment

i don't know the card either, but shouldn't one of the monitor sliders be set to mute so that you don't hear the input? If they're all set to 0, it looks like they are all open.
              Dan McDonald

Comment

Thanks, Dan. That solved this problem.

Comment

Good... easy fix then!
                  Dan
                  Dan McDonald

Comment

Hi Dan,

Thanks for helping Kim out. Good work!

Craig

Comment

Dan,

Yes indeed...0 dB is not 0 gain.

Good job.

Marc

Comment

Working...
                      X