digital voice recording

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• digital voice recording

I am using DC7 to clean up digital voice conversation recordings. Does anyone have any tips as to what filters to use to clean up these types of recordings. I am not trained and I have a bout 5 minutes of WAV file to clean up.

Thanks

Mike
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 03-24-2019, 11:41 AM.

Mike -
    It all depends on what is wrong with them. Are they muffled, bassy, hissy, or what?
    Dan McDonald

Comment

Dan, not having any training in this stuff I would say they are muffled. It is a recording I have taken in my house with a small digital recorder. The recorder was on top of a cabinet so I had to turn the mic sensitivity up high to pick up everything. My wifes voice if fairly clear, except when she was intoxicated, but there is a guys voice who is obviously keeping his voice low as not to be heard by our neighbors. I am not a professional, just a guy who is trying to figure out what is going on in my house while I am away, but I canot afford to hire a professional. I have about 5 minutes or so of recording I am trying to figure out.

Thanks.

MikeN

Comment

Since you only have one recording to clarify, here is my suggestion. Download the demo version of the Live/Forensics Audio Laboratory, v7.5 from www.diamondcut.com

It will be fully functional for 10 days, so there will be no cost incurred.

Then, bring up the EZ Forensics filter and answer the questions presented by the wizard concerning the sound file. It will present you with some pretty good forensics filters without the necessity of having to understand the software package. Just click and listen then click and run.

It will not be optimal, but it will probably work out fairly well, all things considered.

Craig
        "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Guys, thanks for your help. I downloaded the software and just spent a few hours trying to figure it out to no avail. Everytime I preview the filter it sounds all garbled and weird, almost like an alien talking. I guess this is above my skill level. Do you guys know of anyplace such as a forensics school or blog where I might be able to find someone willing to clean this up for me? Any help would be appreciated, I am at my wits end as my wifes drinking issue gets worse and worse.

Thanks,

Mike

Comment

Hi Mike,

If you send me a short snippet of the audio, I will take a shot at it and provide you with the filters and settings. Please send just a short 10 second section or so of the file to:

craig@diamondcut.com

If that does not work out, I can provide you with a list of names of people in your area who know the software and do this type of work professionally.

Thanks,

Craig

Comment

Craig, thanks for your help. If you could send me some names of folks who do this for a living in my area it would be a big help in case I cannot overcome my computer ignorance. In the meantime, how is the easiest way to cut 10 seconds or so of audio from a larger file. I have been trying now for over an hour, even using the tutorial, and I can not figure it out. Sorry, my pc skills are limited to checking email and placing orders.

Thanks again,

MikeN

Comment

Craig, sorry I did not tell you where I am from. I live in southern New Hampshire, zip is 03032. Anyone in southern NH or NE Massachusetts is fine.

Thanks!

Mike

Comment

Hi,

Just send me a private email or write me at

craig@diamondcut.com

and I will give you some names. I do not want to publish these folks names (without their permission) in a public place like this. But, I can provide their names privately.

Craig

Comment

Working...
                  X