saving a portion of a WAV file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• saving a portion of a WAV file

Could someone let me know how I can extract just a few minutes of a WAV file that is 7 hours long, using DC7, and save it so that it can be emailed?

Thanks
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 05-05-2019, 06:36 PM.

Put the system in Classic Edit mode (Uncheck Fast Edit Mode in the Edit/Preferences/General Menu).

Highlight the portion of the file of interest (in yellow). Open the File Conversion Filter. If the file is mono, set it for a mono to mono conversion. If stereo, set it for a stereo to stereo conversion.

Run the File Conversion Filter. The file in the Destination window (the one below) will be just the highlighted sector. You can use the File Menu to now name the Destination file to your choice of names.

Done.
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 10-01-2009, 04:08 PM.
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

That's nice. I've always copied and pasted to a new file, but this sounds better.

Dan
      Dan McDonald

Comment

Hi Dan,

Actually, there are a number of ways to do it. I do not know which is the best.

Craig
        "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

I've always done the same as Dan, but I did not know about (or maybe I forgot about) the method Craig mentioned. It's always great to learn something new.
          John

Comment

Working...
          X