Batch problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Batch problem

I need to change the sample rate of about 120 wav files from 48.0KHz to 44.1KHz. When I use the batch filter, the process works OK, but I receive an error message after each of the files has been operated upon. The message says

ERROR: Could not rename the file
    C:\Users\root\Documents\DC7\dctmp26.pkf to the file
    E:\Working\abc.pkf

Then I have to click on OK before the next file in the queue can be processed. It is tedious having to nurse a batch process in this way. What is my problem - is it something to do with file permissions, and how can I overcome it?

The other batch filters that I have tried do not give this error message.

I am using DC v 7.15 on Vista Home Premium 64-bit.

Thank you
    Paul
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 07-23-2019, 08:26 PM.

Paul,

Can you download the demo version of the Forensics / Audio Laboratory v. 7.5 and try using that and report back. It is located at www.diamondcut.com. That will be a fully functional program for 10 days after the install.

Thanks,

Craig
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

I had this error in beta, and I don't think it ever got fixed, but I may be wrong.

Dan
      Dan McDonald

Comment

Originally posted by Dan McDonald
        I had this error in beta, and I don't think it ever got fixed, but I may be wrong.

Dan
        I remember getting that as well in beta, but I don't run this batch function enough to know if it still continues or not....

Comment

Originally posted by Craig Maier
          Paul,

Can you download the demo version of the Forensics / Audio Laboratory v. 7.5 and try using that and report back. It is located at www.diamondcut.com. That will be a fully functional program for 10 days after the install.
          Thank you for answering so quickly, Craig.
          Unfortunately Forensics / Audio Laboratory v. 7.5 gives me the same error.

Paul

Comment

I'd check to see if mine still gives that error, but that computer is being replaced by a new one and I haven't moved the software to this new computer yet. I can probably check it on thursday.
            Dan McDonald

Comment

Paul,

Do you know if this is only happening when doing a sample rate change or is it a global problem?

Craig
              "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Originally posted by Craig Maier
                Paul,

Do you know if this is only happening when doing a sample rate change or is it a global problem?
                I tested all of the filters available in the batch mode menu. This error only happens when doing a sample rate or resolution change.

Also I have just noticed that I get the same error when I do a sample / resolution change in the normal (i.e. non-batch) mode.

Paul

Comment

It's not a Batch issue - it's file rate conversion

I get the same message whenever I do a file rate conversion, whether or not I check the box to "open file after conversion". It's not a batch issue, though of course if you're doing a bunch of rate conversions in batch mode you have to sit there and hit enter after each one finishes. Doesn't seem to affect the results. Another interesting glitch: the finished conversion is opened in DC7 whether or not the "open after conversion" box is checked.

This may be related to running as a limited user, which is how I'm set up in XP and how most users run in Vista and 7. I haven't tried it, but suspect that if you run as administrator the message won't appear because you then have full user access to wherever DC7 is placing the temporary files.

Comment

This may be totally wrong, but I wonder if it's something to do with Windows. It seems like there's a permissions issue where it's not letting DC7 do certain things with the file.

Are there more than one accounts on that machine?

Dan
                    Dan McDonald

Comment

Thank you for the suggestions, mikeebb and Dan McDonald. As an experiment I turned off user account control in Windows. I still get exactly the same error message, so it's probably not a permissions issue.

Comment

Working...
                      X