Record Button only shows Basic Recording Window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Record Button only shows Basic Recording Window

When I click on the record button, I only get the generic version of the Recording Window; how do I get the "Record File" that shows "VOX" recording feature?

It should just be a tick box in the recording window, Ringmaster. Lower-middle on the left hand side.
    Dan
    Dan McDonald

Comment

I am just getting a basic "Record Window". It does not have the check box for "VOX" recording.

I don't know how to convert a "PNG" snapshot file (large file size), to another format, so I can attach it.

Comment

Hi -

I just tried it per Dans suggestion on DC7.15 and it showed up where Dan said that it would.

What version are you running?

Craig
        "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

The "drop-down" shows: "DC Live Forensics Audio Laboratory, v7.5". Uh-Oh, I thought this was funny; I just thought the program left out the "1." for "1.5". Everything else seems rather new; I like the new Markers feature, where I can drop the marker, and label it at the same time.

Wonder why the Markers don't carry down to the Destination Window? This would be a nice feature; also, since the first thing I do is assign my Markers, it would be nice to hide the markers while I am processing the file.

I am going to install my Live/Forensics, v7.15, and see what happens!

Comment

I have just reinstalled my DC Live Forensics, v 7, and the "About" shows v 7.5. I thought I purchased v 7.15, but I can't find the upgrade on the Tracer Site; how do I gain access to upgrade to v 7.15?

My son had to rebuild my system several weeks ago, and we had a problem with serial numbers, and Denise helped us out, and I just figured we had the latest version installed.

I am going to uninstall the V 7.02 that I just Installed. I thought the v 7.5 was an oversight, and actually was v 7.15; can you help clarify this for me?

Thanks

Comment

Hmmm - - - quite a mystery.

7.5 is the Live/Forensics Audio Laboratory version of the program. That is the most sophisticated one that we sell. If you own that one, that is the one that you want to use (costs $1499.00.

7.15 is the commercial version and has less features and costs $199.00. So, you really need to figure out what one is correct. Let us know. BTW - I am pretty sure that there is an option in 7.5 to allow the markers to drop down from the source to the destination.

Craig

Comment

Okay, I understand. I own v 7.5, this is the version I have running on my system; now, how do I get the record button to give me the Window that allows "VOX" recording and other features. I purchased this version when it first came out, but this is the first time I have had a chance to use it.

All I am getting is a simplified Window showing the Recording Levels, Channels, Sample Rate (Hz), Record Position, Trip Level, Min Duration, Free Disk Space, Available Recording Time and the ability to to "Set Levels". Also, in the box above "Stopped" are the words "Rew Pause Rec Stop FF".

Maybe I should delete the current program, and re-install it; what do you think?

Help!

Comment

Hi - - -

I just opened my copy of the Live/Forensics Audio Laboratory, v.7.5 and the VOX checkbox is precisely where Dan said that it should be.

I would recommend writing down all of the numbers from the version that you have (user name, serial number and registration code - - - just in case something happens).

Then, I would un-install it and go to the Diamond Cut website and re-download the program (the demo). Since you must be a registered user, the demo version will become a full version using that method. Then see if the VOX Box shows up in the record dialog screen.

Craig

Comment

I have 7.5 installed on my system and have confirmed that the VOX box is in place.

This is a screenshot of my recording window.

Comment

This has been resolved. I uninstalled my DC v 7 program, and reinstalled my v 7.5 disk, and the "Record Window" is now correct!

Thanks for all of your help!

Comment

Craig,

The Record Window is correct; but, for some reason when I Install my DC Live/Forensics 7.5 disk, DC 7 v7.2 shows up on my system.

I tried yesterday to access the Diamond Cut site to download the "Demo.", the only thing I could find was the opportunity to "Buy" the software.

Can you give me the site that will allow me to download the Demo. version?

Also, can I shred the disk that came with my v7.5 manual, and get a new disk sent to me?; if you would prefer, I can mail the disk back to Tracer, just in case they might want to view it. This has me really puzzled....

One other thing: When I finally get the correct software, will it remove the markers on one of my lengthy wave files that I have already saved?

Comment

Ringmaster -

I think the software does not uninstall the older versions, so my guess is that what is happening is that you're accessing the old software after you've installed the new software. If you go to Programs - Diamond Cut and then find the correct version to run, that might fix the problem. If so, create a new shortcut by right clicking on the startup logo for the correct version and click create shortcut, then 'grab' that start up and move it to your desktop.

Dan
                          Dan McDonald

Comment

Hi Ringmaster,

The demo is at the very bottom of the following page:

http://diamondcut.com/osc/product_in...products_id=74

Give that a try.

Craig,

ps - you are right, you have to go through the store to get to the demo. We should probably fix that.

Comment

Craig,

The Demo. downloaded just fine; however, the registration code is not the same as the one on the inside of the back cover on my book.

Should I notify Enhanced audio, or just let it slide?

Comment

Working...
                              X