Marker Drop Down From Source to Destination

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marker Drop Down From Source to Destination

This caused me a considerable amount of confusion, because my first activity on my wave files, is assign the markers and track titles. After I did my first process, only the marker numbers dropped from the source to destination file; and, I had to re-do the track titles every time I saved a rendition, and this ain't easy, when I'm working on a 24-track file.

Would it be possible in the next upgrade to allow both the track number and track title to both drop from Source to Destination? This would also be helpful when we make a new Destination File, to join the split files, when "part_1, part-2", etc are created by recording lenghty files.

As a suggestion, it would be nice if the cursor could automatically appear after the track number, when the window pops up, so we could just begin typing the new information without looking at the screen to place the cursor before typing; also, it might help file numbers stay consistent if a period would appear after the numeric designation; ie "01.", "02.", etc.

I guess this could be considered "nit-picking", but anything to make the processing simpler/easier is a good thing.
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 05-31-2019, 09:44 AM.

Ringmaster

I sort of remember this issue comming up before. As I recall, some folks need to have separate and often different markers in the source and destination files, especially the forensics folks. But, I thought we provided a preference for that, but I do not see it.

A better method might be to used fast edit mode in which the markers will remain constant.

Craig
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Merge Source Markers into Destination

Hi Ringmaster,

I just rememberd that version 7.5 may have the feature that you want. Look under the Marker menu and you shall see "Merge Source Markers into Destination".

I think that does what described.

Craig

Comment

I just tested the "Merge Source Markers Into Destination" command and confirm that all you get are the track numbers, not the modified text you may have made. If the description has been edited, it is lost when merging.

The merge markers command is awesome (I know I was one of the ones requesting that feature), but it seems to me that if you have changed the description, that ought to move with the markers. You can always then modify after the fact. But whatever you started with ought to transfer to the destination.
        John

Comment

Hi -

ok - - - I see the distinction. Will look at it.

Craig

Comment

I did see one problem with the Transfer Markers from Source to Destination. When the file is converted from 96kHz, 14-bit, to 44.1 kHz, 16-bit, the markers do not fall in the spaces between the tracks.

I understand why this happens, but I was wondering if the software could automatically consider the markers, when the file conversion takes place?; I also realize this might be a difficult task.

Even with this inconvenience, I still would like to have the modified track information transfer from the Source to Destination file; It is inconvenient to have to move all of the markers on long files, but I'd rather do that than have to re-enter all of the data each time I do a rendition.

I usually place my markers on the original file, so I know that I have the right track associated with the correct title, when I am previewing the file. On a couple of occassions, I have misplaced the markers, because I do them manually, and don't search for silent spaces; I do this, because sometimes (a while back) the markers didn't always fall in the silent spaces, probably because of noise between the tracks.

Comment

Working...
            X