trouble with PCMCIA in live mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trouble with PCMCIA in live mode

Just purchased a PCMCIA card to get a " line in" input so that I could set up DC7 live to condition the inputs to a low power fm transmitter. Is there something about the way the inputs and outputs are related in a PCMCIA card that makes it not compatible with "7 Live"? The laptop is an Inspiron5100 and the card is audigy2 zs. When I hit play it is giving me an error.

thanks
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 05-31-2019, 09:18 AM.

What kind of error are you getting? If the PCMCIA card has a standard windows driver (WDM or MultiMedia) then it should work find. Maybe there is a different choice in the sound card setup that will work. Sometimes there are multiple entries for one card.
    Rick

Comment

I recently moved a sound card around and had the same problem, but it was a sound card I had been using DC7 with in a different computer. I couldn't figure it out, but after about 3 restarts, it started working normally again.

Dan
      Dan McDonald

Comment

Hi,

It might be instructive to switch the audio input and output device over to the computers on-board soundcard just to see if the symptom persists. That would help narrow the problem down to the soundcard vs the motherboard.

Craig
        "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

pcmcia problem

Well, I'd better start at the first sign of trouble. After setting up the audigy2 zs and selecting it for playback and record in Control Panel, I go to DC7, set preferences audio card to Audigy2 zs then go to record and attempt to set levels.
          The level is there but the set dialog says sigmatel, not audigy and is not adjustabe. I set options to select the audigy card, close out the dialog and try to set the level again. same thing. the signal is only there when I have the audigy card selected but it's way down in the mud on the meters. 50db.
          And every time I try to set level it comes up with Sigmatel dialog.

comments?

Comment

I would recommend going into the BIOS setup and trying to disable the onboard soundcard. Sometimes multiple sound cards can interfere with each other.
            John

Comment

I seem to be having a problem posting. Or my edits aren't getting through.

Comment

Hi - - - sorry about that - - - we are having problems with our service provider right now. The forum was completely down for about a day and we lost about a week or so worth of posts here. We are trying to get things resolved.

Craig
                "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Working...
                X