Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Accessing the beginning of a new name for file moved from Destination to Source.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accessing the beginning of a new name for file moved from Destination to Source.

I use the Dewey Decimal System to save the processed files consecutively. Example: "010.01.01" thru "010.01.07, (File "01."), (Process "01."), (Rendition "07.").

The next partial file would be "020.01.01 thru 020.01.07" This allows me to go back to any stage of my processing, and begin re-processing of files that did not give me the results I wanted.

When I finish my restoration, to my satisfaction, I will go back and delete the interum processes, I will leave the original File as "01-01-01"; and the final rendition of that file as "01-01-02". (Example of my numbering and process: 010.01.06 Records 1 & 2, Original_Partial_Live_Ez I_Ez 1_EzC_Reverse_Live_Ez I_Ez I_Ez C_Undo-reverse_CNF_CNF.wav).

This could be considered "over-kill" but it works for me. I can go back at any time to continue processing a Title, and know the stage where I ended, so I could pick up and continue processing; or, go back to a previous rendition, and start from any point that started to produce undesired renditions, and begin to reprocess at that point.

My problem is: The "Title" block, for the assignment of consecutive file designations, will not let me click at the beginning of the new "Title", to rename my "File Numbers". I am able to do this under "Windows Vista" in assigning consecutive file names, but I can't do it under DC file names. Could this feature be considered in the new version?

Did anyone understand what I am trying to accomplish?

The only thing I want to do, is left click on the left side of the new file name (Block), and have the cursor placed at the beginning of the new file name. My "Windows" program will do this.

This helps me better identify each rendition. The (1), (2) confuses me sometimes.

Comment

Hi,

I understand the system; not sure what Rick thinks and so I have pointed him to this thread for a reaction.

Thanks,

Craig
      "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Working...
      X