Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DC Tunes Sorting

Group,

I am trying to use the DC Tune Library and so far, it will not sort the songs into the proper heading. For Example, the artist and other details get all lumped into the wrong heading.

I tried to set the CD Ripper to separate the title, artist , etc. with comma's but the DC Tune just puts them in the wrong location.

Is there a good example on how to have both features (Ripper and Library) work well together ?

Regards,
    Marc
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 05-31-2019, 09:40 AM.

Follow Up

Oh, I use the online feature...CDDB, to find and write the tracks/artist/title.

Marc

Comment

Still Need Help

Group,

Let me try another approach to the problem.

How should I set up the preferencies in the CD Ripper and the DC Tunes so that the created files get pulled in correct by the DC Tunes ? By the way, one of the programs doesn't have a track feature.

Regards,
      Marc

Comment

Mark,

When you are downloading a Commercial CD, the system will go to the CDDB site, and download all of the data to your system, and you can "Import" any tracks that you select.

However, if/when you create a Compilation containing a random list of tracks from any other source, the CDDB cannot locate the data, because it does not recognize it. In this case, you have to manually enter the data as it appears on the Compilation CD; when this is complete, you can "Import" the tracks to your Audio Library.

I do all of my restoration work on my "C" drive and transfer the completed tracks to my Audio Library that I have set up on my "F" external drive. Incidentally, if you choose to do this, don't! let any program search for files that add to your Library, because it will search your complete computer; if that happens, you will have your files that you are processing all mixed up with your Audio Library files.

I think, instead of Importing directly to your Library, you can make a new "Playlist", name it, and select the individual tracks you want to keep (or all of them), and transfer them to your Library at any time. I'm not quite sure how the DC Tunes Library works in this respect; however, I think; if you can figure out how to set up the columns in the DC Tunes Library, you can achieve the same results.

In addition to my "Audio Library", I maintain an ongoing list of all of the CD's that I create. I enter identification numbers for all of my CD's, starting with "CDR-0001", and enter them in the "Excel" program (maintained on my "C" drive, under a specific "worksheet" entitled "My Audio CD's", for instance, I am now up to "CDR-0350"; and, in the first column I have entered "CDR-0350" You must have a separate column for your "CDR-0000" numbers; a separate column for "Artist", another for "Album Title", another for "Genre". (a separate column must be created for each heading for which you would like to search. At any time, you can go to the "Excel" worksheet, and search by "Artist", "Album" "Genre", etc; and it will reflect the CDR- numbers that you have assigned to each line item in your collection. Then you can click on the appropriate column header, in this case we will use "Artist"; then you go to the Toolbar and use the sorting feature "A-Z". It will sort all of your line items by "Artist", and all of the related data will also be sorted by line item. When this wondow has completed the sorting for the column you have selected; all of your "Artists" will be in alphabetical order, and you can readily see all of the CD's that you have in your collection, by each Artist. You can also do this with the "Genre" and "Album Title", etc.

I also create another Excel "worksheet" for my CD Labels, and save them by the associated "CDR-0000"; that way, I can quickly retrieve the CD Label for any CD that I have created.

If you would like to contact me for additional information, you may either use the Forum, or my Email address. If you have not used the Microsoft "Excel" program, I would be glad to help you with your set up.

Comment

Thanks Ringmaster...good info.

I'm familar with the Excel Spreadsheet and the sorting. You method looks good and complete.

I'm finding that the DC tunes program and the DC Ripper program do not load into each other . By that, I mean that if I create a file from a CD using the Ripper Program (and use the lookup program), then the sequence of tracks/artists/etc. loaded by the DC tunes program from the created files from the "Ripper" program , comes out wrong. I have tried to set the "preferencies" in the option menu's, but haven't been sucessful.

It sounds like you have a good system.

Regrads,
          Marc

Comment

Mark,

I don't use the DC Tunes Library; however, you should be able to re-arrange the colums by left clicking on the column header, and hold the button down while you move the selected column from it's present location, to the location you prefer; for example if you have "Artist" in the first column, and you would like "Title" to be the first column, you would left click on the word "Title", and hold the button down, while you move the column to the left. You may already know how to do this.

To add more columns, you go to a blank space (to the right of the columns), right click, and you should get a "dropdown"; on the columns that you would like to appear in your Library, place a check mark on the name of the column you prefer. At the bottom of this list you may find the word "more"; left click on this, and you will get a complete list of columns to choose from. Left click on any of these titles, and a check mark should appear; if the system works like I think it does, your Library will contain all of the titles that you have selected.

I think, but I am not sure, that you have to create a "new" song list before you perform your burn operation; if this is the case, just left click, on the track in your DC Tunes Library, hold the button down and slide your selection to the new song list. When you finish your new song list; I believe you can burn your CD. This is assuming that you are Importing your tracks from the DC Tune Library!

You may have to go to Microsoft "Windows Express" to make up your new song list; this is where I got a little mixed up. Maybe someone can add to my post to further help you out, if this is the case.

If you would like copies of my "Excel" worksheets for cataloging your CD's, and CD Labels, you can contact me by Email, and I will try to attach copies, that you should be able to Import, and begin listing your items.

Please note!; these worksheets have nothing to do with your Library, they just give you the option to maintain a Library of the CD's that you create, and a file to store the labels that you create. You can make a "new folder" under "Your Documents/Music" folder, entitled "My CD Labels", and do a "save as" for the labels, and you won't have to create a new lable if you decide you need to burn more copies of your CD's.

Note: you might find the word "Burn" at the bottom right side of your new song list; if so, just left click on it, and you should be able to "Burn" your new CD; if not,click on the "CD-Prep" in the Title Bar, and a dropdown should appear for you to click on the word "Burn". This should allow you to burn your "New Song List" to a blank CD.

I hope this is correct, and helpful.

Comment

Working...
            X